Georgia Babies

Selling Clothes: Consignment vs. Rhea Lana (or others) vs. Ebay

I have a ton of boys clothes that I'm interested in selling. Has anyone done any research in terms of how much more you'd get by selling as part of a consignment sale (like Rhea Lana or others) versus just bringing them to a consignment store. For me, if it's not significantly more, I like the ease of just bringing it to a store and not having to tag everything. Or, can you get more money by selling a lot of clothes on Ebay? I have a lot of brand name clothes (Gap, Childrens Place, Gymboree, etc.).

Also, has anyone actually brought clothes to more than one consignment shop to see who offers the most? I'm in North Fulton so any advice in terms of shops that offer better pricing would be appreciated.

TIA!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Selling Clothes: Consignment vs. Rhea Lana (or others) vs. Ebay

• wuhhoowuhhoo member
    Thank you!!!!
  • lrn327lrn327 member
    It depends on how much work you prefer to do. There are lots of big consignment sales around Atlanta, with quite a few in N Fulton (just Google actually) but unfortunately it's not the season for the right now.  Look for them to come back in Aug/Sept/Oct to sell Fall and Winter.  You make the most, but it's also the most work.  Consignment stores are a lot easier but some will be picky (rightfully so) and may have restrictions on what seasons they accept.  I've never consigned there but try Rhubard and Custard which is near you.  I love Sweet Repeats as well but their appts fill quickly.  OUAC is an option as well, particularly for stuff the nicer consignment shops don't want.  It's certainly worth a shot, but unless you are selling really top brands, Craigslist and Ebay are really tough, particularly for baby clothes.  Many, many people have a lot of those sizes and similar brands to what you noted so unfortunately there isn't a lot of demand for it.  You can try finding a FB group for parents/kids items (just search for your city and a kids resale or similar terms) but people will want to come over to your house to pick and choose. Those types of items also sell for pretty low on those boards.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • wuhhoowuhhoo member
    lrn327 Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"