May 2014 Moms

Leaky diapers

LO's diapers leak pee pretty frequently, but only when he's been laying on his back like in the crib or bassinet. It's weird too because he gets wet all up his back, soaked through his onesie, swaddler, and into the sheet. His front/side never gets wet. I always make sure his penis is pointed down, leg fluffies are out, and I don't fold over the top with diaper changes. I change his diaper at least every 2-3 hrs and it doesn't seem completely soaked when he does leak so I have no clue what the issue is. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? We use Huggies diapers and I really hope it's user error bc my MIL gets them for free for us from her job. Any insight would be appreciated, I'm sick of all the extra laundry!

Re: Leaky diapers

• I had to stop using huggies. My friend sAid they leaked for her too. My LO would leak 2-3 times a day. We were both changing clothes constantly. We now use pampers and have not had 1 leak. I even returned all the huggies I got from my shower. If you search online for diaper reviews, you will see which brands scored highest. A lot of the highest scored diapers are really expensive brands online but pampers got 70 out of 100 but pampers only got like 52/100
  • My LO has absolutely soaked diapers and no leaks. We have been using pampers swaddlers and babyganic diapers. I've heard that Huggies leak terribly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Huggies always leaked for us. Also sometimes leaks mean it's time to go up a size.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Another leaky Huggies experience here (with DD1). We use pampers swaddlers with no issues right now and will switch to Luvs when she gets bigger m
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Thanks a lot everyone! We'll have to try pampers.
  • We use pamper swaddlers and haven't had any issues. We received a pack of huggies from my shower and I prefer the pampers. For my LO, the huggies were so much wider - could be part of your problem? Pampers are more narrow.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have never been able to use Huggies without leaks. We will use them if we get them for free, but otherwise we use Pampers and never have issues.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• I always hear Huggies leak. I like pampers too but the mesh sticks to ds skin. Do all pampers have that mesh lining?
  • It just sucks bc we literally have cases of Huggies and that's the only brand my MIL gets from her company. Waaahhhh! Some are in normal boxes so maybe we could exchange them for pampers, but some are large plain brown boxes that I dont think we could exchange.
  • JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    We are still in newborn diapers (at 6 weeks) and our Huggies (only bought because of coupon deals) leak!!! :/

We save our pampers Swaddlers for nighttime until we run out of Huggies and we will use pampers 100% of the time! They are terrible!

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• My sister uses a size bigger at night to avoid leaks. You could try that.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • fraseyfrasey member
    @Sam0905 could you maybe try to sell them on CL or a local FB group and use that $ to buy another brand?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I always hear Huggies leak. I like pampers too but the mesh sticks to ds skin. Do all pampers have that mesh lining?

I *think* just the swaddlers have the mesh. The baby dry don't and I can't remember if the cruisers do or not. We will probably switch to Luvs once she goes to size two. That's what we use for DD1 and I love them. No mesh in them either.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• My little guy is 7.5 lbs but we had to switch him to size 1 bc the newborns were definitely getting to small. It is hard to get them tight around his legs so that's probably where it's leaking. Maybe I will try to sell some and get pampers instead for nighttime.
  • Huggies leak for us but pampers don't.
  • I'm having same issue and I use babiesr us brand. just switched to pampers today. hope that work
  • my baby is 11 lbs too and I'm in newborn size which still seem too big. idk how that works!?
  • Huggies leak, pampers are good. We are now using up and up brand from target. We love them and have no leak issues. Saves money too ;)
  • With DS1 Huggies leaked awful for us. He's now 2 1/2 and they are the only ones that have leaked on us, and we have used both types of pampers, luvs, Kroger brand, Walmart brand and the target brand. Now with DD2 we are using pampers and when she gets bigger will switch back to luvs, to save money. I'd sell yours on Craigslist and buy another brand.
  • Make sure the don't fabric of the diaper touches te bck fabric before fastening.
  • PS- Huggies leaked really bad for 2/3 of my kids (all boys).
  • Huggies leaked for me too. I prefer luvs and target brand. Pampers are great too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Same experience with Huggies here. We're using pampers swaddlers still have some blowouts but that's mostly when she's in her swing.
    I use coconut oil on the bum and it helps to keep the mesh from sticking to her. Will prob switch to up&up when we run out of the ones we were gifted.
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • I hated using huggies and luvs--they always leaked. They never seemed to hold that much fluid.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• mcnavamcnava member
    We use the target brand as well...they often have sales... also the cartwheel app will discounts too.  with the target card you get 5% off.  so they can be great prices.  We have a bunch of pampers the hospital gave us, but they leaked all the time.    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"