May 2014 Moms

ergo infant insert

Has anyone been able to use this successfully? My 3 week old 9 lb 20.5 inch long baby's head either flops around or is smushed too tight against my chest. I've watched the instruction video 3 times and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. :(

Re: ergo infant insert

• I've been using it since we brought her home and she was 7.5lbs. What I've found works best is to roll a blanket and put it between her chest and my chest, keeps her nose off my chest and allows her to breathe ;). She will be 6 weeks on Sunday, weighs 10 lbs now and today I used it without the blanket for the first time.
  • lizjlewin said:

I've been using it since we brought her home and she was 7.5lbs. What I've found works best is to roll a blanket and put it between her chest and my chest, keeps her nose off my chest and allows her to breathe ;). She will be 6 weeks on Sunday, weighs 10 lbs now and today I used it without the blanket for the first time.

Do you tighten the arm straps so that her body is flush against you, or should she be angled away from you a little bit?
  • Loading the player...
  • I just use a blanket rolled up under his bum. He seems secure enough and I pull the arm starts tight so he's close to me and I just make sure his head is turned to the side.

Nothing wrong with being close to your body. Just make sure their airway is clear. I'm getting an insert from a friend so I hope to try it out soon but I hear they are hot so we shall see.
  • yogasailmommayogasailmomma member
    edited June 2014
    giggler25 said:

lizjlewin said:

I've been using it since we brought her home and she was 7.5lbs. What I've found works best is to roll a blanket and put it between her chest and my chest, keeps her nose off my chest and allows her to breathe ;). She will be 6 weeks on Sunday, weighs 10 lbs now and today I used it without the blanket for the first time.

Do you tighten the arm straps so that her body is flush against you, or should she be angled away from you a little bit?
    Tight against me, I only have her angled back if I'm sitting down with her on there. And even then just a bit angled.

Sometimes I position her head so that it faces out towards an armpit, the straps sit up a bit off my shoulders. I also usually give her a binky ( we use the advent soothies) and that keeps her nose clear too.

Edited to add that the insert is super warm. I usually strip her down to just a onsie and a cap and even then she's pretty sweaty when were done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"