May 2014 Moms
Options

Growth spurts!

Are no joke! I thought the 3 week one was hard but the 6 week one is proving to be even more challenging. LO is a boob fiend and is eating around the clock. We had pretty good routine going but that has just gone out the window the last 24 hours. Hoping this only lasts a couple days, glad we are coming into the weekend so daddy will be home a bit more to assist with distracting our little milk monster for a few minutes at a time! Good luck to all you ladies going through the same thing!

DD is trying to eat everything, even her friends ;)

Re: Growth spurts!

• Options
    This is not encouraging! I'm finding the 3 week one to be pretty brutal, assuming that is what we are dealing with.

Good luck to you too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am not looking forward to this... The three week one was bad enough.
    BabyFetus Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm scared for next week.
  • Options
    I'm not looking forward to next week at all. I feel like I barely made it through the three week growth spurt and this past week has been brutal.
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one experiencing the craziness that is the 6 week growth spurt! My son is constantly hungry! I don't know how his little belly can hold so much - it amazes me every time. 
    Thanks for that picture too - it's adorable!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm dealing with a 3 week monster right now. I got zero sleep last night and all he wants is to eat and be held. I can't even pump because as soon as I put him down he cries. Hoping the weekend is better. Dreading the 6 week fiasco lol
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    How long did the 3 week spurt last for you guys? My LO fed every hour yesterday during the day and I thought we were staring the 3 week feeding frenzy early, but he ate normally overnight.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    @QOTR the day before he slept LIKE a lot ... but I thought nothing of it. The second day he nursed from 12:00 to 9:00 pm ... then kinda just fussy, cluster feeding for a couple days after that.

I'm sure every babe is different though.
  • Options
    QOTR said:

How long did the 3 week spurt last for you guys? My LO fed every hour yesterday during the day and I thought we were staring the 3 week feeding frenzy early, but he ate normally overnight.

The 3 week one lasted a few hellish days this one seems a bit shorter. Yesterday was awful, last night was okay (but only because I let her sleep in me from 12-6 and she fed 3 times then we were up for the day) and today has been slightly better I think because I forced us out of the house so she was distracted. We walked to the mall and I breastfed and changed a blow out in public!
  • Options
    mcnavamcnava member
    can the six week start half way through week 5? cause DS is eating non stop!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Babies have no clock or calendar so it can start around that time. Hopefully it passes fast :)
  • Options

mcnava said:

can the six week start half way through week 5? cause DS is eating non stop!  

I was wondering this as well! Week 5 has been crazy cluster feeding during the day, but decent stretches of sleep at night. It's making me wonder if the spurt has started yet.

We are not at 6 weeks till Sunday and started yesterday. Like @florassecret‌ said babies have no timeline :) our 3 week spurt was a couple days "early" as well.
  • Options
    My little guy is only 2weeks and he is crying unless my boob is in his mouth. He is pretty much eating every hour and I still feel like he isn't getting enough. It's tiring!
  • Options
    Just started week three and was up every two hours after feeding him 4oz! This kid keeps on eating and popping!!
  • Options
    QOTR said:
    Started for us around 2.5 weeks. So far, it's been 5 days. Today will make 6.
  • Options
    Check out the book Wonder Weeks. They have an app too. It explains the growth spurts.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    Ugh. I think the 6 week has hit early.

Pray for our survival.
  • Options
    you get about 3-4 days @sticky11 ... then it all changes :P
  • Options

Pray for our survival.

Me too!!! Aren't ours birthday buddies? Perhaps they're plotting against us...
  • Options
    KBowen715 said:

Pray for our survival.

Me too!!! Aren't ours birthday buddies? Perhaps they're plotting against us...
    Maybe we can bribe them. They would like chocolate no?
  • Options
    QOTR said:
    Started for us around 2.5 weeks. So far, it's been 5 days. Today will make 6.
    6 days seems to have been it, thankfully. Now we brace ourselves for the next one...
  • Options
    6 week spurt has hit us at 5.5 weeks! It's brutal! I miss my little angel that slept for 4+ hours at the start of the night. I've been up every hour to 2 hours the last two nights with LO acting like she's never been fed. This is even after cluster feeding which used to give us a good stretch of sleep. I just want it over!
  • Options
    Last night DS just wanted to eat and eat and eat. Normally he clusters in the evening but I can put him down for a bit in-between (so like 10-20 minutes). Not last night, oh no. He wanted to be held. He fell asleep around 9 last night then up all night alternating between being mad at me because he wanted to sleep or he wanted to eat.

We slept in my recliner for the first time in like 2 weeks. It made me nervous.

We're going for a good long walk to do some errands in the carrier. He needs some sleep.
  • Options
    Looks like we've been hit by the 6-week-growth-demon.

He WAS sleeping 5+ hours.....it is tolerable, but his appetite makes me feel like I must be starving him.

I recall with my older two that I stopped BFing atv6 weeks because I thought I stopped making enough. This must be why.

Stand together and fight, ladies!
  • Options
    mcnavamcnava member
    So I have a question.  DS is in his 6 week spurt.  He is eating almost non stop, during the day (night he gives me a reprieve, thank god.  He doesn't spit up unless it seems like he's had too much at one time...is it possible to over feed and have him spit up? or could it be something else.  He only seems to do it when he's eaten like a 3 ounce bottle, then 20 minutes after that he is hungry again and has like a 2 ounce...then he spits up... but if he just has 3 ounces he's fine.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Spit up can happen with a burp if there is milk on top of the bubble.

I always worry about over feeding.
  • Options
    Entering the 6 week one now... I know because its mirroring the 3 week one exactly! Constant fuss, periods of no reason crying, and eating every half hour ( at least) I've given up wearing a shirt at this point!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"