Central Florida Babies

Anyone have experience delivering at Florida Hospital Altamonte Birth Center/Winter Park Memorial?

Hi, there:

First-time pregnant lady here and starting to think about where I'd like to deliver in Orlando.

It's still early, so I don't know what kind of pregnancy this will be, but we're going for a natural birth in a hospital setting (and will probably have a doula present). Really trying to avoid induction/c-section.

Anyone have experience delivering at Florida Hospital Altamonte Birth Center? Any insight on their birth philosophy/how quick they are with interventions?

Also considering Winter Park Memorial, as it is so close to my house.

Most women I know have delivered at Winnie Palmer, but I've heard mixed things.

Thanks for any insight!

Re: Anyone have experience delivering at Florida Hospital Altamonte Birth Center/Winter Park Memorial?

• I delivered both of mine at Winter Park. I had a great experience both times. I had an epidural and a doctor from my practice deliver my first, and went med free with a midwife from my practice for my second. I was very happy with both, especially the second. Everything at the hospital is very nice. I don't have any complaints about anything really...the scones and cookies in the little snack area are amazing! :)

• I have delivered both my girls at Altamonte. They have BEAUTIFUL natural birth rooms. As for as intervention, I really think it depends on your Dr. I know an awesome practice that delivers there with really fantastic mid-wives. Florida Women's Center Altamonte. A lot of my friends have been thrilled with Cathy Rudolph. :) I will be trying out Winter Park this time. I personally haven't heard the best things about Winnie. They are just so busy all the time. I have heard great things about Winter Park! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered my second daughter at altamonte and loved it! Intervention depends on you and your dr. I use a group that has midwives and dr. The same midwife delivered both my girls and hoping for the sane this time. Went natural with both and the nurses understood everything i wanted.
  • Hi I'm new here, first time soon-to-be mom!  I was going to ask the same question.  I have an appointment for a tour of the Winter Park Baby Place this month, from what I've seen and heard, it seems like a great place.  I hope so because I'm changing doctors to avoid going to a local hospital that I'm not thrilled with (my obgyn only delivers at this particular hospital and it's not well rated).  Nervous about the doctor change, though I'm not that tied to my current doc, but I want the best care I can get.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a friend who delivered at Florida Hospital Altamonte earlier this year and honestly i felt so bad for her when I went to visit. Her recovery room was the size of an elevator! She said the food was terrible and I watched her try calling the nurse 3 times before anyone came. Personally, I'd go to Winnie. There is a reason so many women choose to deliver there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"