Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Where is my happy baby??

My LO is almost 8 months old, and within the last 5 days or so, he's gone from being a happy baby who only ever cries when hungry or sleepy to a baby that cries all the time and is hard to make happy! He will smile when tickled (sometimes) and if I do something outrageously silly in attempt to chear him up, but it only lasts a few seconds before his happy faces melts away again into a sad fussy crying face. I'm really struggling with what to do. He only ever wants to be held by me, and sometimes screams even when his beloved daddy holds him and looking/reaching to me to come get him. My husband is home often, and he is always so wonderful and loving with my LO, so it's very sudden and strange that he would be fussy when he holds him. I'm running out of ideas. I don't know what to do! Has anyone else been through this??
BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
            photo 9C31AC9F05D04D93B9651C72F4FB18BCashx_zps51f4b406.gifimagephoto 9AE0565796E740CE962988DC1EFD9F27ashx_zps7852ee4b.gif

Re: Where is my happy baby??

• roo1ooroo1oo member
    Yes, and LO had a double ear infection. In fact every time he gets sick he goes from being a happy baby to a crying, fussy mess. I'd take baby to see the pediatrician just to get a once over, then you can chock it up to teething if there's no other medical issue. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO went through something similar around the same age (it was a couple of weeks ago)  I think it could be a developmental thing.  He is back to is happy self now!
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with @amy11401, i think there was a post not long ago about this where a 8mo was suddenly wanting to be with mom all the time. My LO is only 7.5 mo but she is showing beginning signs of this, she is fine when i leave her with nanny in the morning but as soon she sees my face through the door after work, she fuss cries until I hold her and I have to stay in her sight. I am not looking forward to her completely wanting me only phase but good to know that it will pass in a week or two.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I took him to the doctor, and they said everything checked out great! We think he's just going through a phase where he wants mommy all the time. I have to admit...now that I know he isn't sick, I'm kind of enjoying the extra mom love!!! ;) My little man. <3
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
                photo 9C31AC9F05D04D93B9651C72F4FB18BCashx_zps51f4b406.gifimagephoto 9AE0565796E740CE962988DC1EFD9F27ashx_zps7852ee4b.gif
  • roo1ooroo1oo member
    So I took him to the doctor, and they said everything checked out great! We think he's just going through a phase where he wants mommy all the time. I have to admit...now that I know he isn't sick, I'm kind of enjoying the extra mom love!!! ;) My little man. <3
    This is great! My little guy was giving me all the sick signs a week ago and I took him to the doctor, they said he's perfectly fine. It's a huge relief to know they're just being cranky or clingy.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Teething is the devil...that is what turned my happy go lucky little boy into a poor miserable mess.  This too shall pass
  • Same thing happened both times LO had ear infections! No fever either time either so we did not think that was the problem!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"