May 2014 Moms

Lanolin stains?

Anyone else staining their clothes with using lanolin? I don't always remember to or wear nursing pads and the lanolin seaped through my thin nursing bra and now some of my shirts are stained? They aren't nice clothes of course just some simple T-shirts I got at target to wear on errands/walks but now annoyed they have boobie stains. I guess will now become pajama shirts:) Anyone successfully got these stains out after already washing? My nursing tanks and bras are also now stained.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Lanolin stains?

• Yeah it does. So does BM too. I just wear thibgs I no longer care about.

It kinda sucks. I've switched to coconut oil. Washes out.
  • I haven't noticed it staining but definitely noticed breast milk staining my shirts. Now those are also pj shirts :-/.
  • Loading the player...
  • I did that early on to a tank so I retired it to a bed time shirt. After a couple washes they went away and I can wear it in public again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I haven't noticed BM staining my shirts unless something gets soaked in it (like my sleeping bras that get soaked). I am half considering washing those items with my cloth diapers and them hanging them out with my CDs to dry/get sun bleached.

Does anyone know if sun bleaching works on breast milk? I mean, it gets EBF poop stains out ...
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • I haven't noticed BM staining my shirts unless something gets soaked in it (like my sleeping bras that get soaked). I am half considering washing those items with my cloth diapers and them hanging them out with my CDs to dry/get sun bleached.

Does anyone know if sun bleaching works on breast milk? I mean, it gets EBF poop stains out ...
    It gets BM spit up stains out so I'm sure it would. I love the sun for getting stains out!

• DH is a laundry expert (for a living), and he said make a paste out of color safe detergent and water, coat the stain with it, and pour boiling water on it. Soak for 10 min, then launder as usual in the hottest water possible.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• cnbeancnbean member
    I had several shirts get stains from lanolin. I've never had any luck getting it to wash out but I didn't try anything too fancy, just shout spray. Hopefully someone else will have a tried and true method to recommend.
    image    image

• Thanks all! Going to try dawn!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"