May 2014 Moms
Options

DH feeding and pumping question...

We are EBF and DH is going to start feeding LO a bottle once a day. Some of the feedings will be at night so I can get some more solid sleep. When he feeds LO should us be pumping to keep up with supply or is it okay to skip that time? Any advice on how others do it would be great!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH feeding and pumping question...

• Options
    mrsbtobe20122mrsbtobe20122 member
    edited June 2014
    Don't skip. You should still pump to maintain supply. My LC said it's ok to go a little longer over night say if LO eat every 2-3 hours you can sleep 4 hours then pump so you aren't skipping but still getting rest.

I've gone as long as 6 hours and woke up in a puddle and was super engorged.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    My husband gives a bottle around 1am each night. I don't pump because the whole reason we give the bottle is so I can sleep longer than 2 hours. I do wake up engorged but it's not too uncomfortable and it isn't long until he is up to eat again. I pump after a feeding in the morning. I know the worry is it will mess up supply, but I haven't had an issue.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No advice for you yet but good luck!! We are going to meet with an LC this week so we can start pumping and introducing a bottle (I have no idea how this works...) I can not wait for DH to be able to feed her. Id take a puddle for 4+ hours of sleep!! Good luck!
  • Options
    I sometimes go 4 hours between pumping overnight, so I get a little more sleep. Personally I wouldn't go longer because I'm worried about reducing supply.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"