May 2014 Moms
Options

Scorpion - ugh

So, I found something to take my mind off of poop consistency / OALD concerns for the moment. 

I just got stung by a scorpion, IN THE NURSERY.  :(   I stepped on the damn thing.   I called the nurse and there is no problem with continuing to BF (I'm in TX and they aren't poisonous here, just painful).    But now I'm paranoid that one will sting the baby.  My logical, calm husband is reminding me that we've lived in the house for 11 years, and this is just the 2nd scorpion we've ever seen inside.  That will be my mantra for the rest of the night.
Me-41, Hubby-40.
1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
Dear Son born 5/28/14

Re: Scorpion - ugh

• Options
    OMG thank god I don't live in Texas. I'm so scared of bugs I can barely take care of the flowers in the yard usually running away several times whenever I hear a bee. Can't even imaging having scorpions around. I hope you feel ok.
  • Options
    I'm in Texas also and scorpions are my #1 biggest fear. Beats out rattlesnakes, murderers, spiders, and natural disasters. They are terrifying even if they can't kill you. I used to have them in my dorm in college. I am sympathizing with you and if it was me, I'd probably burn my house down and move. I will be having nightmares for you tonight.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sweet lord, that is terrifying! We get some pretty gross spiders,
    centipedes, and crickets here at my house in NJ, but dayum! Glad you're ok!

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    QOTRQOTR member
     I'd probably burn my house down and move.
    That's my reaction to mice.   :)
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    That's awful!

I'm in Texas too- we don't have scorpions too active in DFW, but, scorpions are terrifying as they are psycho spider hybrids. My husband once convinced me to camp in Oklahoma...in tents...and as soon as we got there, I spotted a tarantula by my foot. I was donesies at that point, and spent the rest of the day in the car with my knees tucked into my chest.
  • Options
    I live in Arizona and just found one in our master bathroom, which is located a few yards from our bed and the bassinet! Safe to say I won't be sleeping much tonight. I just want to hold her in bed with me all night :-/
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    Sorry to hear that!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    I totally sympathize. We get scorpions in the house over the summer. We have a great bug guy, and I usually find them dead. That being said, I spotted one just where I had walked after bringing baby home. Bug guy was out the next day. I found a tarantula on our front porch the other day, and DH recently almost stepped on a copperhead. I think we live on the entrance to hell...I used to cry about it, but DH refuses to move.
  • Options
    MK1013 said:

This isn't near as bad as scorpions, but I just had a near heart attack after almost stepping on a darn frog sitting right under my washer, UGH. Couldn't figure out how the creepy thing got in the house until I realized it was one of our frogs from the fish tank. Sick, sick, sick. I couldn't breathe for a good 25 minutes afterwards and I've never run upstairs so fast in my life. DH will never hear the end of this.. And he best find a way to keep that thing in the aquarium from now on or his 4 legged friend will be living in the great outdoors instead of my house!!

Hope you're okay, no scorpions where we live, luckily, I don't know how I'd handle that!!

We used to see those tiny frogs that are about quarter sized by our old apt in the summer. Like they would blanket the side walks! One time we came back from vacation and there was a dead one in our living room! The weirdest part is that we were a third floor apt...like how the hell??

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    babyaotw said:

I totally sympathize. We get scorpions in the house over the summer. We have a great bug guy, and I usually find them dead. That being said, I spotted one just where I had walked after bringing baby home. Bug guy was out the next day. I found a tarantula on our front porch the other day, and DH recently almost stepped on a copperhead. I think we live on the entrance to hell...I used to cry about it, but DH refuses to move.

No. Just no.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"