May 2014 Moms
Options

My scale is a real bitch!

Ugh.. So I'm three weeks PP and the first two the weight was flying off. I knew that it would slow down and even after losing 28 lbs I still have 30 to go. (Yes I got huge). Pre pregnancy I was pretty small and have always lost any extra weight quick. This week however the scale refuses to move. Here's the weird part.. Despite the scale not moving this week I have noticed that since last week my clothes are starting to fit looser and different. How can I be losing inches without any actual weight loss? I could understand this if I was working out or gaining muscle. I had a c section though, and haven't done any kind of working out. Anyone else have a similar issue or know what the deal is? I'm really hoping soon I'll start to see the number go down. I know it takes time.. Still frustrating.

Re: My scale is a real bitch!

• Options
    Amen, sister.

Such suckery. For my first two pregnancies, I was back to prepregnancy weight within three weeks. I also only gained 20 and 28 pounds. I was also only 19 and 21 this pregnancy, I have 15 pounds still hanging out at 4.5 weeks pp. I am now almost 31.

The first two weeks are rapid weight loss. What others have told me when I'm crying on the scale is that, especially when breastfeeding, it takes several months for ones hormones to regulate and the rest of the weight to come off. Assuming one resumes a healthy and active lifestyle, that is.

With the above said, it still sucks. A lot.
  • Options
    I am dealing with the same thing. I have dropped 20 but still have 30 to lose. Granted LO is only 17 days old but I felt like the weight dropped off so much faster the first time around. I am really hoping it keeps coming off these next few weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same boat. Gained 45. Lost 20 right away. Lost 5 in the last four weeks :(. LO is 6 weeks old. Feel like I was lied to when everyone said it would come off so quick breastfeeding!
  • Options
    amrokeamroke member

Feel like I was lied to when everyone said it would come off so quick breastfeeding!

Yeah that definitely seems like a myth.
  • Options
    Oy.... Haven't dare step on a scale yet. Was surprised how fast the big bump went away but now I'm stuck with this nasty flubby middle. I might wait till the 6 week pp before I dare weigh myself...
  • Options
    amroke said:

Feel like I was lied to when everyone said it would come off so quick breastfeeding!

Yeah that definitely seems like a myth.
    In my experience with my first two pregnancies, the weight came off after I stopped breastfeeding. I only breastfed for a few months; my friends who breastfed the whole year saw the super weight loss after 4-6 months.
  • Options
    KellyQ116 said:

Oy.... Haven't dare step on a scale yet. Was surprised how fast the big bump went away but now I'm stuck with this nasty flubby middle. I might wait till the 6 week pp before I dare weigh myself...

This exactly! I don't own a scale thank god lol.
  • Options
    rainydayluckrainydayluck member
    edited June 2014
    I gained on the lower end of average and am about 5lbs over starting weight. I also FFeed, which means I am going back to my old drinking (wino here), which means I am not losing it since I feel I lose weight initially when I get pregnant from not drinking as frequently. 
    ETA: Wait. So that makes it sound like I drank when pregnant. I did not drink while pregnant. While pregnant, I had one glass. Just wanted to clarify.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    For freaking real! Except I only lost 12 giving birth, and then another 6 the next two weeks...another 2 when I stopped BF...and then even though I've worked out or ran every day for the past week and have been eating healthy, nothing! It's pissing me off. I have 30 more lbs to go. Ugh! I'm also small normally, so extra weight is super noticeable. :( I don't even want to leave my house because I feel like people are judging me for being fat right now.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    After DD1 it took me 9m to get back to my prenpregnancy weight. No real dieting or exercise just breastfeeding. I put on 50lbs. This time around I put on 30lbs. Im 4w PP now and have no idea where my scale is and haven't dare to try on my non-maternity pants.
  • Options
    JmeJme said:

For freaking real! Except I only lost 12 giving birth, and then another 6 the next two weeks...another 2 when I stopped BF...and then even though I've worked out or ran every day for the past week and have been eating healthy, nothing! It's pissing me off. I have 30 more lbs to go. Ugh! I'm also small normally, so extra weight is super noticeable. :( I don't even want to leave my house because I feel like people are judging me for being fat right now.

Yes!! I'm normally pretty small, and I have curves. So any extra weight makes me just look huge. It blows!!

• Options
    They weighed me at an LC visit 5 days PP I had an almost 11# kid and was only down 5#. I'm not attempting the scale or non-maternity pants until my 6 week check-up.
  • Options
    mcnavamcnava member
    i totally understand. I gained 60  (worst feeling!) /ive lost 30.  I would be happy with 20 more.  Im currently reducing my breastfeeding so hopefully i'll be done soon.  Ive been eating much healthier and walking.  (still not cleared for exercise).  Its so frustratingly slow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"