May 2014 Moms
Options

Hemorrhoids...yep

I'm going there...

I need someone to remind me these get better. I have lost all hope and am completely frustrated. I had some after DD but don't remember when they got better.

Now these ones have me in tears many days. It's been 2 weeks and they're a little better than they were but not a lot. I've bugged my dr. already a couple times and have a rx for proctofoam.

I'm just so frustrated that I'm in so much pain that I can barely help with the baby and a toddler. And the thought of leaving the house isn't even there. I thought by now with my second kid I could get up and around, but sitting and nursing or dressing my toddler are painful enough! DH is great about helping but I know he's feeling overwhelmed, and he goes back to work Tuesday.

Sorry for the whining. I'm just feeling pretty defeated here :/ and by a wonderfully embarassing issue on top of it!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hemorrhoids...yep

• Options
    I'm sorry, hemmies are awful. I came home with a colony of them after birth. I did get a prescription ointment while in the hospital that I used constantly. I did a sitz bath when I came home from the hospital and then used the shower head to keep things clean after that. Ointment afterward each time, plus Tucks pads. I also took stool softener religiously twice a day. The swelling and pain settled down within a week. They're still there but have a shrunk a lot.

I hope you're able to get the proctofoam and find something else that can give you relief in the meantime!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They do get better with time. I used suppositories, creams, warm sitz baths, ice filled diapers and Tylenol. The #1 thing that helped unfortunately was time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the worst hemorrhoids of my life after Edith was born. Got an Rx for proctofoam and an anal suppository plus I rinse in the shower after each bm, and I use tucks and prep h. Mine have shriveled down and aren't painful anymore. It took about 2 weeks! I definitely feel your pain. It has been the worst part of recovery.

Welcomed our rainbow baby 5/20/2014! It's a girl!

• Options
    Oh yes.... And miralax!

Welcomed our rainbow baby 5/20/2014! It's a girl!

• Options
    cnbeancnbean member
    I had a huge one and I felt like it finally settled down and stopped bothering me at 3 weeks PP. I used the flushable wet wipes to keep from aggravating the area, tucks pads, and epsom salts in my baths. Honestly one thing I felt like helped a lot was walking, so I made sure to get out and walk around regularly and that seemed to promote healing. If nothing else it took the pressure off from sitting on it all day! Hang in there and hopefully you will notice improvement soon! 
    image    image

• Options
    Esbi25Esbi25 member
    I can't offer any cure, unfortunately, I've got bad ones too. But, Earth Mama Bottom Balm works really well if you haven't tried it. It has like a cooling menthol feeling that gives some nice temporary relief. It's on Amazon and Target website.

• Options
    Mine are awful. Pushing for two hours will do that I guess. The tucks pads are soothing and I brought the squirt bottle home from the hospital and the nurse had me fill it will warm water and squirt that area. It works pretty well. I also have a numbing cream. Other than that I try to stay in my sude as much as possible.
    Stool softeners are a big help so you don't push and make them worse.
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    They suck.  They hurt worse than my tearing / stitches at the time and continue to do so.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    I'm 3.5w pp and mine are still there :( They are getting much better, from the colace and Tucks pads, but still painful to BM. I'm hoping it gets better soon.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    EziliaEzilia member
    Try taking vit C. It help's.
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    Thanks all for the commiseration and advice. After a few days of alternating ice and heat, using rx proctofoam, and earth mama angel baby mama bottom balm, plus colace and miralax things are getting better!

To @MK1013 I'm sorry you've joined the club :( I think they will shrink eventually without intervention. And there are a lot of home remedies that you can try. But if you call your doctor they may have a prescription of some sort that can help more.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had so many I could barely walk. I used vinegar to take the pain away and to shrink them. It helped tremendously.

Hope you get relief soon.

imageimageimage

• Options
    lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    edited June 2014
    I have 1 from delivery and my doctor said it'd go away on its own. In the meantime I'm using Tucks pads, hydrocortisone and colace and it's slowly getting smaller.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't have any when I left the hospital (that I know of, and I'm 99% sure my OB said I didn't get any during delivery) but now 2 weeks later am pretty sure I have a huuuuuge one. I didn't know they could be delayed...
  • Options
    I had one from before pregnancy that never really bothered me unless I had a really hard poop. I think I got it from being constipated. Then it stayed throughout pregnancy and during labor it got HUGE! Plus I got 3 or 4 more!! I'm taking a stool softener and using cream but I swear every time I go it rips open and bleeds! It's so bad!! I'm seriously terrified to go now. I keep waiting for them to get smaller but I think every time I go and rip it open it gets angrier!!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"