May 2014 Moms

Tailbone pain

I'm 3 weeks pp and still have horrible tailbone pain. The Dr asked if I heard a 'pop' during labor which I did not so I'm guessing it's just really bruised and not broken. Anyone else experience this and for how long did you have pain before it eased up? It's honestly been the worse part of recovery- my stitches have nothing on this. Nursing in the beginning was excruciating. While it's a little better it still can be pretty awful if I haven't had my Motrin. I know there isn't really anything you can do for it so guess I'm just looking to see who can commiserate and to see how long some of you have dealt with the pain before it got better. TIA!

Re: Tailbone pain

• Just a lurker here. I had tailwind pain for awhile. The only thing that helped was sitting on the nippy to take the pressure off my tailbone.
  • Just a lurker here. I had tailwind pain for awhile. The only thing that helped was sitting on the nippy to take the pressure off my tailbone.

Oh goodness. Auto correct. Boppy. I sat on the boppy
  • Loading the player...
  • Tailbone bruises take forever to heal, so you kind of just have to baby it and wait it out. I fell on my tailbone when I was a newbie in Roller Derby and that was so bad it took over a month before it wasn't excruciating. My tailbone has been hurting since before labor, my swelling was bad and the way I had to sit in chairs to prop my feet up totally bruised my tailbone. Then if course labor happened which didn't help. It will get better eventually! Sorry you have to deal with this!

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Ask your OB for a doughnut. Mine gave me one while DD was in the NICU and it saved me. Still have minor pain but it's getting much better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • camerinabuenocamerinabueno member
    edited June 2014
    I'm going in for my 6 week postpartum appointment today. My tailbone pain got a little better maybe 3 days ago. Still hurts now but not as bad.
  • I cracked my tail bone with my first she was 9lb ! It hurt for months then on and off for the 2 years b4 I got pregnant again it's would hurt off and on during my 2nd pregnancy but got better and no pain the last 4 months . I was a scared I would have another big baby and re injure my tail bone , but baby was 7 5 and my tail bone is pain free !! The Boppy help a lot and icing it too ! The Doc told me it heal so. It's own and depending on how active you are is the time line for pain free , I'm very active play sports and in a nurse so in on my feet all day ! So I really did not give my tailbone a brake after injury! So I would rest and ice Motrin when it's bad ! Heat will make it worse cause it in inflame and more pressure in the nerves ! No fun sorry your hurting hope you get better soon :)
      Me:30 DH:32
         Baby #4 EDD 10/19/2017
      Northern ,VA 

Anniversary

• My tailbone goes "out" on me a lot and the chiro has to put it back in place for me. Does it only hurt to sit?

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Thanks for the well wishes. I had no idea this was a thing! Baby wasn't big either. I tried the doughnut in the beginning but it put pressure on my stitches so I couldn't use it. I can probably try it again now that the stitches are healing and I'm not as swollen. @pistolpackinmomma‌ it mostly hurts when I sit and kills when I go from sitting to standing. I've just been trying to keep up on the Motrin. I hope to start running again after my 6 week appt so we'll see how that goes! @LSHockman‌ did u hear it crack or have X-rays done?
  • I did not hear a crack I had x-rays done after a year .
         Baby #4 EDD 10/19/2017
      Northern ,VA 

Anniversary

• Yikes! After a year @LSHockman‌ ?! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't last that long!
  • Yeah it was not constant pain off and on but no fun ! I hope you get better soon !!! :) 
         Baby #4 EDD 10/19/2017
      Northern ,VA 

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"