May 2014 Moms
Options

Erythema toxicum rash

Did any of your LOs have this? And if so, how long did it last ? His pedi and dr Google say that it should go away by 2 weeks. However, we're at day 9 and it is worse than ever.

I'm so thankful it isn't anything that bothers him, but I hate to see the little guy red and bumpy.

* "The main symptom is a rash of small, yellow-to-white-colored papules surrounded by red skin. There may be a few or several papules. They usually appear on the face and middle of the body, but may also be seen on the upper arms and thighs. The rash can change rapidly, appearing and disappearing in different areas over hours to days."
Me-41, Hubby-40.
1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
Dear Son born 5/28/14

Re: Erythema toxicum rash

• Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    Yep dd had it bad when she was born and it can and went and moved all of the place. Even now at almost a month there might be an odd one appear for a few hours. It was pretty much non existent by 1.5 weeks for us but by 2 weeks is the norm by what our pedi said
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dd had a few of them right after she was born. They are pretty much job existent now except for a random one that will show up on a limb. The it's gone as fast as it appeared n

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My Hooligans.....Samuel Brice-Fritzgerald (6/30/10) and Payton Elizabeth (7/23/08)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    Thanks ladies.   Our son's case started out as you described - a few bumps here and there, but has become more severe.  He's pretty much solid rash from shoulders down to upper thigh.  :(   Nervous nelly FTM took him back to the dr. today to confirm there wasn't a secondary rash going on.   They said it is just a severe case.  
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"