May 2014 Moms
Options

Zachary's Birth Story....finally home.

Well we had are scheduled induction set for Monday, June 2. All last weekend I had terrible contractions and early labor signs but nothing timeable so I didn't do anything. I went in Monday at 7, got all set up, they were originally going to do the foley bulb because at my last appointment I was only at 2 cm, but when the checked me I was at 5 so no foley bulb needed there. 

They started the pitocin and the contractions were terrible but I wasn't progressing. I got my epidural around 1 pm then they broke my water. After the epidural my blood pressure dropped really low, which then they started monitoring him a bit better and giving me medication to pick me back up.I didn't have any other problems the rest of the time. Around 3 pm, the epidural stopped completely working on my left side and I was beginning to get back labor, of course the anesthesiologist was with another epidural so it took what seemed like forever to get more medication. 

Around 6 pm I reached 10 cm, and decided versus pushing I would labor down for a while, which was perfect since the other four babies being born that day were ready to go, at 8 pm we decided that I would start pushing and after an hour no progress was made but the doctor had to go do an emergency c-section because the other baby wasn't doing well. So I had to stop pushing and once she was finished I was able to start pushing again but no progress was being made. Zachary was officially stuck and happy with where he was. 

We decided at 10:30 pm that it was safer and better just to do the c-section, let me tell you I was nervous but it was better for me and him. They turned over the OR, got me ready and by 11:15 pm I was in the OR, Zachary was born at 11:46 pm June 2, when they got in there he had his cord around his neck loosely 1 time but he was laying diagonally transverse which is why I was in so much pain on that side when I was laboring. 

C-section went well, my incision is doing well, the swelling is unreal and that is something I totally wasn't expecting. I try and get up and walk around the house (or the hospital) every 2-3 hours which has been helpful.Very happy to start our lives as a family of four. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Zachary's Birth Story....finally home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"