Infertility

Natural Fertility

I know most ladies on here are pursuing western medicine, IUI or IVF treatments for conception, but I'm curious how many on here are working with alternative medicines, homeopathy, acupuncture, etc., instead?

Re: Natural Fertility

• ***PG/MC mentioned***

We started out with that and continued/re-started it through treatments. We were actually succesful early on with TCM and acupuncture, but unfortunately we had an early miscarriage. Depending on your diagnosis, it can certainly help!

Many women here use acupuncture in conjunction with their IVF cycles, but this board is for ladies who are doing IVF, and some are doing IUI with injects, so you'll likely find more women going through the same thing as you on TTTC or TTGP :) I do suggest that if you're starting out with this route, that you find somebody that specializes in fertility, as well as getting a work-up done by an RE if you've been TTC for over a year (or 6 months if you're over 35) as this can give you an idea of what you're working with, as well as give your ND some great information on how to proceed with treatments. Not all diagnoses can be treated with TCM and acupunture (particularly if it turns out that MFI is a factor) so you'll want a full work-up regardless.

Good luck to you!

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• I've used acupucture to assist with IVF, however alternative medicine alone inst the answer for most woman on this board due to the severity of their situations. I do wish you the best whatever your current diagnosis and hope you dont have to join this board, but are certainly welcome if that time should come.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! I actually should have put more info in the OP but I am to the point of IVF, but it is not something my DH and I are pursuing. I have PCOS, endometriosis and have undergone 7 surgeries to remove tumors, tissue and cysts. Before my first was born we tried the medical route and it about ruined me and our marriage. I ended up with precancerous cells in my myometrium due to the fertility meds. I personally can never go back down that path again. We have opted for homeopathic treatments instead and still pray for this to happen. I am not in the same boat as those just TTC or kinda struggling with it. But it kind of sounds like this board might not be the place for me either if its just geared to IVF journeys.
    I wish all of you the most sincere good luck!!!
  • jen102279jen102279 member
    edited June 2014
    anyone try essential oils at all?

edit: to help with egg stim, ER, and transfer?
    ****Signature warning Losses Mentioned****

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 07/01/2004 ~ EDD 03/10/2005 ~ 
    D&C 8/1/2004 @ 5w5d
    BFP#2 12/27/10 ~ EDD 9/06/2011 ~ DS born 08/14/11 via c-section, passed away 10/17/11
    BFP#3 09/07/12 ~ EDD 5/09/2013 ~ DS born 01/30/13 survived for 2 hrs
    08/06/14 Waiting for 1st IVF cycle to begin

IVF#1: started stims 9/15; trigger 9/24; ET 9/26-5R 5M, 5F. 3 biopsied for PGD

image           image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"