May 2014 Moms
Options

have you hit u r wall yet?

dlproctordlproctor member
edited June 2014 in May 2014 Moms
Baby girl is congested and was having a bad spirt of not pooping for 24 hours. Luckily she finally went and some Vick baby rub later she's a happy girl but OMG I hit my wall and cried for 10 minutes!! Anyone else have that hitting the emotional wall experience??.

It definitely didn't help that my younger sister was giving me a hard time about bringing baby girl for a visit and I declined.

Re: have you hit u r wall yet?

• Options
    I hit my wall with breastfeeding around 5 pm every day. Tears ensue. That's about the time when LO and I are both soaked in breast milk, he's screaming hungry and my overproducing tit is spraying him to the point of choking. I hate my right boob and all the misery and projectile vomiting it is causing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    After being up from 2:00-4:30am and then being woken up again at 5:30, I lost it. Lack of sleep finally hit me at 4 weeks in. Newborns are bossy. :)
  • Options
    It doesn't help that my husband goes back to work tomorrow. I think that's why I was having a hard time.
  • Options
    I had a meltdown Friday night. Our LO is a month old. His fussy evenings and my husband being back at work and me doing the night feedings alone got to me along with the exhaustion. Husband took the baby and I took a hot shower (and cried) and had some wine and ice cream.
  • Options
    I told my husband if I don't get Starbucks everyday til this baby sleeps at least 5 hours a night straight I will kill my husband while he sleeps. He works nights and sleeps during the day so it's just me from 8pm til 3pm so I need all the caffeine I can get! I cried yesterday when the baby had only slept 3 hours all night because of colic
  • Options
    It happened to me early on. 2nd night in the hospital he nursed from midnight until 3am and would not go to sleep. I know now it was because my milk wasn't in and the poor guy was hungry. I finally sent him to the nursery at 3am which at that point, I woke up my husband sobbing because I felt like I was a bad mother for sending him to the nursery. It was a traumatic experience. We all have our bad days.
  • Options
    I have cried almost every day since I had the baby. Alot of it was due to breastfeeding but I have decided to do formula only and it has helped alot! Last week I was feeling very depressed and not really eating, which was scary for me. I dont do well with change. I have been slowly improving each day and have been trying to get out of the house more.
  • Options
    I feel like I've had a bad day for the past 3 weeks. Our first week home was great (ok still had lack of sleep but it was nothing like the past week). The past few days I've figured out that I'm pretty positive I have PPD. But I knew I had major risk factors for it before. Really hit hard the past two nights when DH has also hit his wall and neither of us know what to do. LO wakes up and then refuses to go back to sleep for hrs on end or gets hiccups when she is finally sleepy and then is up forever with those. I've gotten to the point that I'm debating on giving up pumping (we were never able to get her to latch, though I still wanna see a LC before I give up) because 1. it hurts like a mofo 2. it takes up SO much time and 3. DH and I could finally switch feedings in the MOTN. 

So yeah I hear ya ladies... newborns are rough!

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • Options
    My DH only had 2 days off after the baby was born. I have a just turned 2 year old and I had to take care of him and newborn DS2 after having just given birth. Both DH and DS were sick and I ended up with it as well. My mom was going to come over and help me but she got sick too so I have had to battle it all alone. I totally understand the frustrations!
  • Options
    Yup, there have been a few walls I've hit in the past month. The most recent was the dreaded 3 week growth spurt that lasted for 6 days! Halfway through I was so mad at DD for not sleeping. Then I felt guilty for getting mad. Its a vicious cycle. DH felt the same way, so we had to keep each other sane. Luckily we got through and everyone is happy again (for now!)
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    I cried because DH was in one of his negative moods where he complained about everything while I was trying to stay positive and take care of the kids and myself and he was being the most difficult. That somehow lead to crying about DS already being a week old. And that led into thinking about that Darius Rucker song about how you'll miss this when it's gone. So more crying ensued. Had a good honest talk with DH and feeling better now. But I yelled at DD a lot today and feel crappy about that.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:

I'm actually doing fine with the newborn.  It's the toddler that makes me want to slam my head into a wall daily...

Same here. The 12 day old is easy as pie compared to the 3 year old who apparently lost her listening ears when the baby came home from the hospital. I haven't cried because of the baby yet, but I have twice because of my oldest.

• Options
    ns1ns1 member

Kimbus22 said:

I'm actually doing fine with the newborn.  It's the toddler that makes me want to slam my head into a wall daily...

Same here. The 12 day old is easy as pie compared to the 3 year old who apparently lost her listening ears when the baby came home from the hospital. I haven't cried because of the baby yet, but I have twice because of my oldest.

Exactly! I can't tell you how many times I have had to discipline (or have just very uncooly lost it with) my toddler because she can no longer listen apparently!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"