December 2011 Moms

Another potty training ?

I've been working with my DS potty training the last two days and he has done awesome! We took the approach to no clothes and we haven't left the house for two days. The weather is nice and it'd be nice to actually get outside but now I'm unsure as how to approach it. Do I dress him with no underwear and just continue to ask him about potty or should I put a pull up on and ask him if he has to go consistently? When he was in diapers he knew he was going and it was like he thought it was funny to tell us he was going in his diaper that's why we decided it was time to potty train.

Lilypie - (rVtP)Daisypath - (hJ7A)Lilypie - (mHiG)

Re: Another potty training ?

• I would put him in loose fitting shorts and no underwear at home for a few more days before venturing out or just do short trips out like the park or the store for just one or two items. I am not a fan of pull ups because most kids treat them like diapers so unless daycare requires pull ups during PTing, I would steer away from using them.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Thanks! I put a pull up on at night mainly cuz he spends a majority in our bed and with an 8wk old I get up enough and I'd rather not do a sheet change on top of that too! He woke up DRY this morning and asked to go pee right away when he got up! This may be easier then I thought it would be. Huge reality check how fast my little boy is growing, but ahh the savings of getting one out of diapers! :)

Lilypie - (rVtP)Daisypath - (hJ7A)Lilypie - (mHiG)

• Loading the player...
  • Leap08Leap08 member
    I wouldn't do pull-ups for anything except night time. I'd either do undies or loose pants and take extra clothes. Make sure he goes potty before you leave the house and remind him frequently to tell you if he has to go potty, especially if you're someplace fun like the playground.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yeah I would stick to pull-ups at nap and bedtime and just do undies at home and while out.  We are on week 3 and we can now do our regular outings and not worry about accidents.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"