Connecticut Babies

OBGYN/Hospital recs in the New Haven area

Hey all,
Just found out I'm pregnant last week and need to start looking up OBGYN's and I sadly have no friends with kids near me.  Anyone have any recs in New Haven County? I work a bit south, towards Bridgeport/Fairfield, so those areas would work as well. Thanks!

Re: OBGYN/Hospital recs in the New Haven area

• I LOVE Women's Health Associates in New Haven. They are a midwife group. The care has been absolutely wonderful: so attentive, patient, friendly, and personable.  They are affiliated with Yale NH.
  • lalanslalans member
    Thanks so much.  I saw a few things about them online when I started researching.  Do they do delivery's at Yale NH, or home, or their clinic, or a combo? I like the idea of a midwife, but I think I'll want to be in a hospital (def not at home). 
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to Obstetrics- Gynecology & Infertility Group and love it there.  I love all the midwives I've had so far and my Gyno is great too.  They are affiliated with Yale NH.  They have offices in a few places- New Haven (that's where I go- right across the street from Yale NH St. Ray's campus), Milford, Cheshire, Banford, Madison.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can tell you I have NOT had a good experience with Greater New Haven OB GYN group. They have locations in New Haven, Hamden, Milford, and Madison. While my doctor was on maternity leave, I realized how much I disliked most of the other people in the practice. I also heard (but have not researched on my own) they have a high rate of C sections. 

So, I am also looking for a new practice in the New Haven area! Thanks for posting this question.
  • County OB-gyn has offices in New Haven, Wallingford, Branford, and I think Clinton. I'm on my second pregnancy with them and have no complaints! They have 5 doctors who are all very nice and do deliveries at Yale.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • lalanslalans member
    Thanks so much for the all the replies everyone!  
  • Generations OB/GYN Dr. Flaherty is great!

• Hi Ladies! Has anyone had any experiences with Dr. Hanson with Obstetrics Gynecology & Menopause Physicians?
  • @winky0711 dr Hanson no longer does OB as of July but he still does GYN. I see that practice and like them! Haynes, Baumbusch and reel are wonderful. 

@Corkey450 greater NH does NOT have a higher CS rate...actually the opposite. Their midwives are wonderful and do most of the care in labor unless there are complications. I recommend GNH to everyone I know (I’m a labor nurse at Yale). 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Hi I am also considering Hartford or Middlesex for delivery, can I refresh this thread and see if there are anymore testimonials?
  • @lalans Womens Health Associates delivers at Yale, they work with the docs and nurses there for delivery. You'll also go to Yale Maternal Fetal Medicine for ultrasounds or any high risk/Ob-needed appointments. I love them. I was at Obstetrics-Gynocology & Infertility Group but after my miscarriage earlier this year, decided to switch with this pregnancy. OGIG was fine, they just made me feel a tad silly about being sad about my miscarriage, so I decided it wasn't a good place going forward.