December 2014 Moms
Options

New job on Monday.. Advice?

So I start a brand new job on Monday and have a dr's appt Thursday. When I went to the interview I was 11 weeks and I asked the temp service If i should be upfront about the pregnancy during my interview. He said no most people don't tell their employers until Their 12th week. So I ended up getting the job and now I don't know how to tell them "oh by the way I'm expecting a baby in December. Hope that's not a problem." Any advice?

Re: New job on Monday.. Advice?

• Options
    I'd hold out a few weeks. Get to know the people and then tell. Or at least get the hang of the job.

<CafeMom Tickers>

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Sounds great thanks!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm kind of having a similar situation. I'm going for my third interview for a job I'm trying to get. I believe if I get the job I'm going to tell them after they get to see my work ethics just so they don't try to misjudge my pregnancy as being a performance issue. I know employers aren't suppose to discriminate but it is better to show them how much of an asset you are especially since you're pregnant and they can come up with excuses to fire in the first couple of weeks. Just work hard for a few weeks, get to know everyone, then tell them is my advice to you. Congrats on the job as well :)

• Options
    I wouldn't recommend saying anything at the interview, its none of their business.
  • Options
    I also started a job last week. I havent said anything yet. And found out that the person who supervises my cases is leaving in a week. So I technically have no one to tell yet. So I may just tell the people I'm on cases with. And of course at some point the families

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"