May 2014 Moms
Options

Can't put DD down

DD will be one month tomorrow and has been an absolute dream baby. She BF like a champ, sleeps at night, and is just all around amazeballs....until yesterday. She has started crying every time I put her down and won't stop. I put her down and let her cry because I had to pee and by the time I got back to her she was screaming bloody murder. As soon as I pick her up, she's fine. I've heard that this is common and they just have to outgrow it. She has no temp, is eating, sleeping, peeing and pooping just fine. And as long as I am holding her, she's great. I'll hold her and let her sleep on me for over an hour to make sure that she is sound asleep - but she wakes up as soon as I put her down. 

She has never let me swaddle her since day 1 (she likes her hands/arms free) and wants nothing to do with a paci. The swing and vibrating seat only keep her happy for so long. I went out and bought the infant insert for the Ergo and wore her around the house a little bit today - it's definitely something we both need to get used to. 

Any of you going through the same thing and have any suggestions? Or STMs - any advice? 

Re: Can't put DD down

• Options
    My pediatrician said they can't be spoiled until 12 weeks. I sometimes sleep with my son on my belly just so I can get a few longer hours at night. He likes to sleep in the swing but I'm trying to get him into the bassinet. He sleeps better propted up rather than flat on his back. He's only 11 days old so it's still early. But my husband always has a comment and says I'm spoiling him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS was like that today. Only wanted to be held by me. He would get upset in his basket or with DH. I just got him sleeping in his basket all night, he's 3 weeks and he's been sleeping on me in my recliner. Ahh progress.

Could be a growth spurt. Could just be one of those days. It will pass :) you can't spoil them this young. Just enjoy the snuggles.
  • Options
    MimalooMimaloo member
    Thanks ladies. I know that she can't be spoiled and just needs snuggles right now :)
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat and ds has been awake ALL day.
  • Options
    I just posted about this last week. My LO is currently going through this phase. It's absolutely exhausting. Nothing will soothe her besides being held. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Lucy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    whitehousemwhitehousem member
    edited May 2014
    I would def recommend wearing her. I didn't do it much with DD, but now that I have twins, wearing one is sometimes becoming the only way I can eat or feed DD... While the other is in the swing. :)

Eta: they always fall asleep while I'm wearing them and I find it so much better than clumsily trying to do things with one hand while having a baby squirming and flopping around in the other.
  • Options
    I love the moby wrap but I find it can be a little complicated to get the newborn positioned comfortably so Itd hit or miss I try it about 5 times a day and she'll go for it 2 or 3
  • Options

I love the moby wrap but I find it can be a little complicated to get the newborn positioned comfortably so Itd hit or miss I try it about 5 times a day and she'll go for it 2 or 3

The moby is kinda sorta starting to work for us. I found the kangaroo hold easier and I put his legs out. He tolerates it a little better. It helps!
  • Options
    Have you tried baby wearing? I couldn't get anything done if it weren't for my boba.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    Hrhodes78Hrhodes78 member
    edited June 2014
    The Baby K'Tan has been my life saver. Similar to a moby but no wrapping envolved. https://site.babyktan.com/m/
  • Options
    I could have written this post as well SD does the exact same thing. It was def a lot worse before we tried a couple things/
    1. Wearing. I have the K'tan as well and I love it. She takes great naps in there it's a lifesaver. I always try to wear her for at least 3 hrs a day.
    2. Activities. Try to get her out for a walk, errands anything. Tummy time every day/night and a bath all help tire her out.
    3. DH feeds her at night. When I BF her before bed she never settled and always wants more boob in like an hr. She cluster feeds at night so DH feeds her and puts her to bed and I'm already asleep. It has worked like magic for 2wks.
    4. Stay calm. I know being home alone with a screaming needy newborn is not calm inducing but she really does feel it. Let her sit in that swing and cry a lil, go into the next room and take a breathe. Come back calm and happy and do that as many times as you need to.
    5. Get out of the house alone. When help arrives get out of the house and take a break everyday!

Good luck mama you're doing a great job!!
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"