Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Blood work pros out there, what do you think? (First bloodwork ever, a little clueless).

Mareeb1618Mareeb1618 member
edited May 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Alrighty here's an update and the low down. 6 months TTC, irregular periods since stopping BC. Have only had provera induced periods. CD 37 currently.

My Dr ordered bloodwork on me today for the first time. Thyroid and prolactin are WNL. FSH is 6.5 and LH is 58. The nurse called and said my hormones are elevated which could mean I am getting ready to ovulate. They want me to come back next Thursday for more bloodwork to see if the levels have dropped.

FF has detected O but my chart is not textbook so I don't fully trust it. My hormone levels from blood work is new info to me and if haven't been able to do a lot of research on it yet to see what may be normal. Anyone have a lot of experience with bloodwork? Has it been helpful to you in detecting where you are in your cycle? Any opinions for me? I would assume that the blood work doesn't lie so should u disregard the date FF has for me?

Re: Blood work pros out there, what do you think? (First bloodwork ever, a little clueless).

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Sorry that was not stated well. Went off BC in Nov. First round of provera was in January.
  • Options
    I can't speak to the blood work, but looking at your chart I doubt you have ovulated. Hopefully the nurse is right and you're gearing up to ovulate now.What day have you been starting provera on?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not sure on the bloodwork part, hopefully someone else might help there.

For the charting, I think it's possible your O day is wrong. Why are some days not connected to the line of your chart? If you include those days the one higher temp you have on CD 33 really isn't that much of a shift. How long was your cycle before taking Provera the first time?
    ***********siggy warning **********

Me: 26 DH: 27
    TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013
    Cycle 1: O CD 25=bfn
    Cycle 2: O CD 48=bfn
    Cycle 3: Anovulatory/Provera =120 days!
    Cycle 4: Anovulatory/Prometrium=127 days! RE consult 6/16
    Me: Anov/poss. pcos?  HSG=normal/SA= Normal 
    July/Aug. 2014= Femara+trigger+TI=BFP!!
    Beta #1@ 16dpo=626!! Beta #2=1510
    Ultrasound @ 5w6d=heartbeat at 110!
    Ultrasound @ 6w6d =heartbeat at 131!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My doctor had me starting at 35 days after researching on my own and talking to the girls on here I came to the understanding that it was more normal to start after 60 days. That is when I'm doing now.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The dots not connected are mornings that I had alcohol the night before. As my cycles have went on and I have been temping I've come to learn that I always have a considerably higher temp the next morning after drinking. First cycle was 37, then 60, then 48 and now 37.

This is the first cycle going to 60. I have heard the provera talk, I get it now, was just following drs orders before and didn't know any different until I started watching this forum.

My cycles were normal before BC (28-32 days).
  • Options
    The dots not connected are mornings that I had alcohol the night before. As my cycles have went on and I have been temping I've come to learn that I always have a considerably higher temp the next morning after drinking. First cycle was 37, then 60, then 48 and now 37. This is the first cycle going to 60. I have heard the provera talk, I get it now, was just following drs orders before and didn't know any different until I started watching this forum. My cycles were normal before BC (28-32 days).

I see a little better now. I still don't think that you have O'd yet, there isn't really a shift. If you look in the gallery on FF you can see how there is usually a bigger difference in temps pre and post O.

I am also having weird cycles since stopping BCP. Have you been temping this whole time? Have you had a cycle with a confirmed O day? If you are consistently not ovulating I would suggest seeing a Dr but your current dr might not be my first choice.

TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yes I have been temping to whole time. No I have not confirmed ovulation yet. My OB/GYN is aware of this and has told me that it can take 6 months to even a year to regulate after BC. This has been confirmed to me by people I know and research I have done. If I continue to have issues outside this time frame I'm sure she will refer me to someone else but for now I want to stay with her. She is for sure who I want to see when pregnant.
  • Options
    Yes I have been temping to whole time. No I have not confirmed ovulation yet. My OB/GYN is aware of this and has told me that it can take 6 months to even a year to regulate after BC. This has been confirmed to me by people I know and research I have done. If I continue to have issues outside this time frame I'm sure she will refer me to someone else but for now I want to stay with her. She is for sure who I want to see when pregnant.

It sounds like you have a plan and are talking with your Dr. That's good. I wish you the best of luck.

TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Actually, I'm a little confused if you are comfortable with your Dr. and that you could take 6 months to a year to regulate why is bloodwork being done to see if you are ovulating at the 6 month TTC point? Idk, I guess at first it seemed that you were concerned with anovulatory cycles which was why I mentioned seeing an RE. Good luck either way, I hope things regulate soon!

TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Yes you are correct I am concerned with anovulatory cycles. My doctor knows that we are TTC and she is the one who suggested blood work at 6 months because she had no history on me as far as blood work. She said while it could take up to a year, that after six months she would do blood work to check out my levels. Many women regulate after three months. Some take 6 months and some take up to a year.

I wanted blood work to know more about what's going on in my baby making parts. Continued cycles of crazy temps and no confirmed ovulation is beyond frustrating yet has given me more patience with each one. I'm fully aware I can't snap my fingers and be pregnant but I do want to know what's going on with me and be proactive. Hope this helps explain where I'm coming from better. I literally have never had blood work done and I'm 27. Was just curious what other women's levels are who have had blood work. Oddly enough I haven't found a ton of info online or in my books
  • Options
    Yes you are correct I am concerned with anovulatory cycles. My doctor knows that we are TTC and she is the one who suggested blood work at 6 months because she had no history on me as far as blood work. She said while it could take up to a year, that after six months she would do blood work to check out my levels. Many women regulate after three months. Some take 6 months and some take up to a year. I wanted blood work to know more about what's going on in my baby making parts. Continued cycles of crazy temps and no confirmed ovulation is beyond frustrating yet has given me more patience with each one. I'm fully aware I can't snap my fingers and be pregnant but I do want to know what's going on with me and be proactive. Hope this helps explain where I'm coming from better. I literally have never had blood work done and I'm 27. Was just curious what other women's levels are who have had blood work. Oddly enough I haven't found a ton of info online or in my books

I'm sorry things have been difficult for you. Your explanation does help, at first I thought maybe I was projecting my own concern about anovulation and maybe you weren't that worried yet. I know how frustrating it is to continue having crazy cycles. I hope you are able to find some answers soon.

It is good that you have been charting because it will be helpful when working with your Dr and seeing if you do regulate soon.

I'm on a waiting list to see an RE now, hopefully we both can get some answers! :) Good luck to you.

TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Good luck to you as well. I hope you get a call soon to make an appointment. It's very frustrating but all we can do is be patient. Keep me posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"