Cincinnati Babies
Options

Dr. recommendations in Dayton

Hello all, I'm heading to the Dayton area (Beavercreek) in August and will need to find a whole new set of doctors. I'll need a general physician for hubby and myself, a pediatrician for LO, and an OB (preferably a midwife). I'd also prefer them to be in the Beavercreek area. Does anyone have any recommendations? 

Also, does anyone have any feedback on the labor & delivery at Soin? Do they allow VBACs? 

Re: Dr. recommendations in Dayton

• Options
    Hello there :) for an OB I use Horlacher and wood and love them. Can't say enough amazing things about them. They don't have any midwives but they have 2 awesome nurse practitioners and are pro med free births. If you prefer a midwife group check out Dr Guy and midwives.

I had a vbac at Miami valley but I don't know about Soin sorry. I would imagine they do so don't let anyone let you think otherwise ;) at my previous OB I was told "good luck finding someone to do a vbac" challenge accepted. Ha ha point being keep looking to you get answer you want.

I'm no help really on other docs as we live further north and don't really go to a PCP. Our pedi is in Englewood but I think they have a south office. Pediatric associates of Dayton. I've been very happy. No issues.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options
    LO95LO95 member
    I also go to Horlacher and Wood and wouldn't go anywhere else in Dayton.  

PCPs are very hard in Dayton--it seems like popular ones aren't accepting new patients.  Mine is pretty far north of Dayton, so you probably wouldn't be interested.

Me: 27 DH: 27

October 2013: Endo erosion/ Clear HSG

March 2014: SA #1/  2%morph, borderline sperm count, decent motility

June 2014: SA#2/  2% morph, low sperm count, worse motility

Plan: "Quick Start IVF"/antagonist protocol with Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel and progesterone suppositories (yay)

High AMH (11) and Low BMI= low doses of everything to prevent OHSS

July 27, 2014: Started Follistim injections for ten days

July 31, 2014: U/S= 20 follicles, 8.5 lining, E2 is good, Ganirelix for 4 days starting 8/2

August 4, 2014: 14 follicles on-track, good lining, Trigger 8/6

August 9, 2014: 9 ICSIed/ 5 embryos; aiming for a 5dt on 8/13

August 13, 2014: 5DT of 1 4BA almost-hatching blastocyst (Please hang in, Little Bug!)

August 14, 2014: We have 3 frosties! Hope they're having fun hanging out together. :)

August 23, 2014: Beta #1: 144 8/23/14: Beta #2: 374 Beta 8/25/14  Beta #3: 6,600 9/3/14

September 9, 2014: Ultrasound #1 115 heartbeats per minute

September 23, 2014: Ultrasound #2 182 heartbeats per minute 

September 26, 2014: Love my OB's office

October 10, 2014: Our baby looks like a baby and is moving all over!  

December 8, 2014: Anatomy scan- It's a girl! 

"Hope strengthens.  Fear kills."- Karen Marie Moning

"Heaviness is only temporary; the daylight will soon break in."- needtobreathe

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Primed Pediatrics in Centerville. Our daughter has been seen by all of the doctors and we like them all. Her primary is Dr. Klanke.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for all the helpful feedback, everyone! I'm sure I'll be coming back with more questions. 
  • Options
    I live in Beavercreek! We go to Pediatric Associates of Dayton and I love them. Don't have a PCP. For an OBGYN I go to Dayton OBGYN...they have a lot of different office locations and I loved my Dr. I don't know anything about Soin but I just delivered at MVHS in June and it was an amazing experience. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"