Dads & Dads-to-be

For UNcircumsized males only: Do you wish you had been circumsized?

MamaDobbsMamaDobbs member
edited May 2014 in Dads & Dads-to-be
Have you had any issues? Is it hard to keep clean? Were you embarrased with girls or in the locker room? If so, vote yes.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

For UNcircumsized males only: Do you wish you had been circumsized? 109 votes

Yes
15% 17 votes
No
25% 28 votes
Maybe
58% 64 votes

Re: For UNcircumsized males only: Do you wish you had been circumsized?

• No one's uncircumsized??
  • There's only about 5-10 regular guys here so it's very possible.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was uncut until about six months ago. I'm glad I got cut. I always had to put lotion on my foreskin otherwise it would dry out to the point where I couldn't pull it back to piss. Sex is just as good if not better. I was never embarrassed or anything about it. A few girls were stand offish at first but most didn't realize I was uncut until after we did the deed a few times.
  • Thanks guys! That's helpful!
  • I grew up in Europe (Sweden) where circumcision is WAY less common (Only when medically merited). If we end up having a son (we don't know the sex yet) he will definitely not be circumcised. And no, it is not hard to keep clean.
  • I don't fit your Demo either, but in the newborn classes I taught, the general rule was "like father like son". It helps with the association between the dad and son and that's it.  There is not generally any medical reason as a pro or con.  Cleanliness for parents may be an extra step or two for a few years, but once the little guy is in charge of his own bath time there won't be any issue with him cleaning it. 

We plan on it at this point, as long as I don't have to be present.  :)

• Not a guy but here is what I know/have heard from other guys?

My ex husband was not circumcised and when my son was born he was adamant about his being circumcised. He said it was harder to keep clean and sometimes there were foreskin issues (painful when pulled back). Really it is just a preference mostly.

My current husband's cousin did have to have his foreskin removed later (late teen years) and said it was pretty painful then and wished he had had it done when he was born.

My brother's son is not circumcised and is starting to have foreskin problems... so they are afraid they may need to at some point.

Personal decision I guess. I don't think it is a big deal with women, not sure about the locker room though- prob depends on the norm where your child lives.
  • My husband was circumcised at age 7 for medical reasons. His mom never planed to do it though. She feels bad to this day though bc he remembers all of it (recovery) poor boy :( said if we ever have a boy he wont even have to think about it. He for sure wants him circumcised and i agree.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"