May 2014 Moms

stm+ moms- subsequent babies late?

I've always heard that second + babies tend to come earlier than the first. What was your experience???

I had DD1 at 39+5 and here I sit, way more miserable and in pain, at 39+6 with DD2. So disappointing! I know I'm not due until tomorrow, but I've been having contractions and been dilating for 6 weeks, along with other "labor signs", so obviously it's just wearing on me.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: stm+ moms- subsequent babies late?

• MrsT2008MrsT2008 member
    edited May 2014
    My first was born at 39w3d and this baby was born at 39w5d, so two days later. I was miserable the entire last week or two that I was pregnant because I was basically assuming I wouldn't go as long as I did with #1. Hang in there!
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• DD1 was born at 39w6d. DD2 was born at 37w2d. I was shocked she came so early.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • RtamomRtamom member
    DS was born 40+6 and m still pregnant this time at 41+2
  • I'm a FTM but my friend was 2 weeks late with both her babies.
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lovey1lovey1 member
    My DD came at 38 weeks and 2 days and DS came at 38 weeks and 5 days. Hang in there!
  • Ok glad I'm not the only one! I can't believe how much pain I'm in at the end now... wasn't like this with my first

BabyFetus Ticker
  • kalettekalette member
    I was induced with DD at 40+3, but DS came on his own (and fast!) At 38+6
  • My first was born at 37 weeks 2 days, and here I sit (40 weeks today...due date today) with contractions and all other labor signs but no baby. 

I was very prepared for the apparent myth that second babies come sooner.......

• DS came at 40+2, I'll be 40w tomorrow with LO and he's showing no signs of being ready to come out. I was really to go early too.
  • DD1 was born at 39+2. This baby didn't come until 40+3. I actually felt way better with this one until the last few days when I was having cramps and BH all day everyday.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ds1 was born at 38w3 via induction (I was 4.5cm with irreg contrax) and DS2 came on his own at 37w3! I was surprised he was so early
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ds 1 came at 38w1 and ds2 came at 38w2.
  • Dd- induced at 42

Today, 41 +1, no hope in sight.

I call bullshit on that theory.

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • HallilHallil member
    I had thought the same thing, let me tell you the mind eff that got me when I went 6 days longer this time around. I was 40+5 with DD1 and just went 41+5 now. Mentally I was prepared to go around or less than DD1 so I was in quite the mood each day that went longer.
  • Both of my boys were born over 10 days late. Next time, I'll just add 10 days to the EDD that the doctor gives in order to remove any sort of disappointment.

DS1 41w3d - induced
    DS2 41w5d

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• My DS1 came on his own at exactly 39w. With DS2 I had to be induced at 39+ 3d and though I had labor symptoms he was clearly not coming on his own at any point around the induction date. I was only dilated to barely a 2, for around 2 weeks before being induced.
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • ckandi007ckandi007 member
    edited May 2014
    DS was born at 38w5d and DD was born at 39w6d. So she came over a week later than my first, but my labor was much shorter (6 hr vs 36 hr).
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • CMDR513CMDR513 member
    DS was an induction turned emergency csection (pre-e) at 36w4d. DD was unmedicated VBAC at 37w6d (1 hr shy of 38w) after her water broke. She was due to come at 39w2d with RCS.

• I went into labor naturally with both. My first came at 40w3d and this one came at 39w4d.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"