May 2014 Moms
Options

C-section and stairs in the home

I just moved a month ago to our new home that has one semi-steep flight of stairs. I'm now reading that after c-section I should avoid the stairs. How am I going to make this happen when I have first floor living and all beds are upstairs?

Anyone deal with stairs and recovery?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: C-section and stairs in the home

• Options
    andoll8andoll8 member
    Same problem here. The couch is my kingdom until I'm cleared for more activity. DH Helped me drag down everything I need. Take it easy and heal. The more you're able to rest, the sooner you'll be back in business.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First few days I just went up and down the stairs slowly. 9 days later and now I go up and down them fine. The only time I feel sore now is getting out of bed.
  • Options
    The first couple of days I avoided the stairs. When I was discharged the doctor just said to take them slowly. After a couple days I really needed a change of scenery from our second floor and was fine going up and down stairs - just go slowly.
  • Options
    I was so worried when I found out I was having a csection since we have stairs in our home. The nurses said 6 weeks but when I asked the dr, he said just to take them slowly. I was going up and down fine 5 days pp.
  • Options
    Cool. Thanks for all the tips :)
  • Options
    I take the stairs once in the morning to come down for the day, and once at night to go to bed. DH carries baby up and down. We'll probably do this for the first two weeks.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    I live in a third floor walk up so no choice but to take the stairs. I stayed 4 nights in the hospital and had no issues going up the stairs when i got home. I walk slow but walking and stairs are fine. I try to go out for a walk every day. Ob didn't give any restriction regarding stairs.
  • Options
    AriniasArinias member
    I was told just to take stairs slowly, I just did it twice a day those first few days, but one week pp I am now pretty good with them, changing sleeping positions and getting in and out of bed are still the worst for me.
  • Options
    Good reminders! I have an RCS on Tuesday and I forgot all about this!! Glad everyone is healing well!!
  • Options
    MimalooMimaloo member
    I did stairs the day I got home - no issues.
  • Options
    I was in the hospital for 4 days. And the OB gave me no stair restrictions when she discharged me. I've been doing stairs since I've been home, and have had no issues.
  • Options
    Second c section and only stayed one night in the hospital. I wasnt given any stair restrictions either. I did stairs a few times the day i got home (slowly) and feel good. Dr encourages movement.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"