May 2014 Moms
Options

No epidural but not by choice

Did anyone else have to do without the epidural because the doctor was stuck in surgery?

Re: No epidural but not by choice

• Options
    Well this is pretty scary!!! Hoping this doesn't happen to me. I'm definitely planning on an epidural.
  • Options
    EmmagkEmmagk member
    Yes, that's exactly what happened for me. I asked for it at 2pm and he was still in surgery at 6.40pm when DS was born.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pushed for three hours with an epidural and couldn't get her out. We had to turn the epidural off and push for one more hour. I felt myself tear (LO was facing left) and it was pretty awful, but I'd do it again if I had to.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    stina76stina76 member
    I had an epidural given to me at 5 am and was dilated fully and ready to push at about 9. I couldn't feel anything, no urge to push what so ever. Even when they told me when to push I couldn't. And he wasn't in any rush! So I had to let the epidural wear off. Finally by 3 pm it was out of my system and I was pushing and had him without meds with the help of the vacuum at 4:02. Soooo painful! The tearing was awful. They say you forget the pain but it's been 3 weeks and don't think I will ever forget!!
  • Options
    This happened to me. They dr. Was not able to get the epi in the right spot. He tried three times and then I went for the spinal. It only lasted an hour and had completely worn off right before it was time to push. So basically I only had about an hour of relief during a 14 hour labor. Not fun but I was incredibly alert after delivery and so was baby.
  • Options
    TnpeachTnpeach member
    I begged anyone who would listen for the epi, but I was too far progressed... Do the drugs!!!
  • Options
    kalettekalette member
    edited May 2014
    Yea, he was in surgery when I came in with DS too, but DS came too fast then anyway, I wouldn't have been able to get it anyway.

I had it when I was induced with DD though and it was great! I would definitely recommend it over not getting it, even though not getting it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"