May 2014 Moms

Paranoid about blood clots

My knee started hurting like crazy today (3 days post c/s). I the pain is almost like I twisted my knee or pulled a tendon. No idea what I did to it, but it's pretty painful every time I bend my leg.

I called the on-call OB and she told me to keep an eye on it for 12 hrs, and to go to the ER if the pain spreads, my leg swells, or I have shortness of breath.

The pain is localized to just my right knee, and I probably just need to trade it easy and rest, but I can't help but be paranoid about blood clots. :-( So now every little symptom I have, I get worked up about.

I'm hoping the Motrin kicks in and helps tonight :-\
                      PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Paranoid about blood clots

• edited May 2014
    Thanks @aimee223‌ for the encouragement :-)

Having a toddler and newborn at home while trying to recover from a c/s just isn't easy on the body :-\
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• I'm right there with you- try to relax and rest when you cab
  • Loading the player...
  • It's definitely a rougher recovery with a toddler around but do your best to not over do it!

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• deanna1313deanna1313 member
    edited May 2014
    I've been having the same problem, but I haven't had my baby yet. It's my right leg and mostly the knee(back and front) and I'm limping around like crazy. My legs both hurt in general from carrying all this weight, I think. I'm very swollen, but I'm worrying, too.

Hang in there! I keep telling myself that I have no redness or extra swelling in that leg so I shouldn't worry. I'm just keeping an eye on it. Hope yours is feeling better soon.
  • As someone who has had multiple DVTs, don't be afraid to demand an ultrasound of your knee to check for a clot. Doctors can be a little too breezy about leg pain IME. If your leg doesn't get better fast, ask for a second opinion or more aggressive testing. I hope it's nothing! I know how horrible the mindfuck can be when you don't know whether it's random pain or a clot. I freak myself out all the time.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"