May 2014 Moms
Options

Thrush

Has anyone's newborn ever developed thrush? I think my 2-week old has the characteristic white patches in his mouth, but doesn't seem to be in discomfort. And he hasn't passed it to me, if it is. I read that it can sometimes go away on it's own, but will be calling pedi first thing in the AM. Curious what other mothers' experiences were with thrush.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thrush

• Options
    Yup. DS1 and I both had it. Try rubbing the white spots and see if they go away. If they do then not thrush. I was given a cream for my nips and he was given some stuff I had to use a q-tip. NBD.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    MinaE01MinaE01 member
    My 5 week old has it. He gets a drop of medicine 3x a day, although it doesn't seem to be working. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, either. You may have it too. I did, but used some coconut oil which seems to have gotten rid of it for me.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jcf2133jcf2133 member
    We've got it. Pedi gave me nystatin for LO, which I give 2x daily, and apply to my nipples too. My LC suggested eating yogurt and using extra virgin coconut oil instead of lanolin and within a day of doing this, spots are gone. Pedi said thrush doesn't really bother the baby early on, and that seemed true for us.
  • Options
    I use coconut oil on my nipples and my LC told me to take a probiotic supplement daily to try to prevent it. I'm hoping neither of us get it. The last thing I want is to worry about something else.
  • Options
    I think LO might have it. I'm calling Tuesday. My sister's 3 kids all had it and much worse than what LO presents with, and LO shows no discomfort or anything so we're not panicking. I have not noticed any issues with my nips either.

The coconut oil and yogurt suggestions, I'll look in to those!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing! Turns out we don't have thrush. Apparently milk can coat the tongue and roof of his mouth and I'm a hypochondriac lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"