3rd Trimester

Did your partner have or is he planning to have a dadchelor party or man shower?

Re: Did your partner have or is he planning to have a dadchelor party or man shower?

• Some of you ladies are very rude. I there is one thing I've learned in my pregnancy is that my husband is 100 percent committed he goes through every symptom and worry I have. The only thing he doesn't do is carry our son, other than that he's there with me supporting me and going through all the struggles. I think every dad should have one of these parties. After all everything doesn't revolve around jut the women!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Meery82 said:
    ampeters1 said:
    Snip

LOL. This. If my husband complained about morning sickness or sore boobs, he'd get a roundhouse kick to the face.

You and your husband need to get over yourselves.
    I'm giggling at the mental image of a pregnant woman doing a roundhouse.
    I did roundhouse kicks with my trainer throughout my pregnancy. Not high enough to get anyone's head. I could take out his knee, though. 
  • CLEmom24CLEmom24 member
    edited July 2014
    My S/O best friend threw him a "huggies and chuggies" party. They got him drunk and bought him diapers. I see no harm in it. They all had a great time and we have tons of diapers now.
  • jennowen11jennowen11 member
    edited July 2014
  • We sure did have a diaper party. We got several packs if diapers in all different sizes. And I must say, it was a hell of a lot more fun than the typical "steal her pin if she says baby" games at most baby showers. All of his friends were more than happy to help, and they all insisted against giving addresses for thank yous. Lighten up everyone...:)

You don't know the addresses of any of your friends? I understand maybe not knowing the address of acquaintances, but you can't send a thank you to your close friends? Surely you have been to their homes before...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• We aren't having a shower. Since we just moved away from family and friends (military move), we will go back home to have a co-ed "meet the baby" party when she's about 2 months old. Less for presents, more for close family and friends to meet her. We can't make too many trips, and figure people will want to see cuteness rather than my huge belly and try to rub it. Best of luck for all the parents and their exciting additions!
  • Wow, I guess I found the judgement asshole thread of the day! Where do you people come from? Diaper Parties are fairly common, in fact it's been a tradition in some places for years, just like the showers you probably had. If you don't agree with it, don't have one!! But to come on the internet and just be a total bitch to strangers is just ridiculous.

And FYI, Yup we had one, I cooked up a shitload of food, they all got drunk and played cards against humanity, had some laughs, and we got a bunch of diapers out of it. Everyone was happy to come celebrate with my hubby and to help welcome our little guy into the world. It was as much about that as it was about the diapers or the drinking (although I'm a great cook so the food was likely a draw for some of them). Yes he can go get drunk with his buddies anytime he wants...but what the hell does that have to go with celebrating his part in creating this baby??!?

Flame away, I really don't give a shit what a bunch of stranger have to say about it...but for those mom's feeling like crap because these women are SO MEAN, shake it off. They're likely the types who only act this way when hidden behind a username on the internet.
  • Wow, I guess I found the judgement asshole thread of the day! Where do you people come from? Diaper Parties are fairly common, in fact it's been a tradition in some places for years, just like the showers you probably had. If you don't agree with it, don't have one!! But to come on the internet and just be a total bitch to strangers is just ridiculous. And FYI, Yup we had one, I cooked up a shitload of food, they all got drunk and played cards against humanity, had some laughs, and we got a bunch of diapers out of it. Everyone was happy to come celebrate with my hubby and to help welcome our little guy into the world. It was as much about that as it was about the diapers or the drinking (although I'm a great cook so the food was likely a draw for some of them). Yes he can go get drunk with his buddies anytime he wants...but what the hell does that have to go with celebrating his part in creating this baby??!? Flame away, I really don't give a shit what a bunch of stranger have to say about it...but for those mom's feeling like crap because these women are SO MEAN, shake it off. They're likely the types who only act this way when hidden behind a username on the internet.
    LOL. You're gross.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • @disneygal902‌ , Totally agree with you. My SO and I held the same event aka Diaper party. We did the same as you with providing a ton of awesome food, music and drinks. Was a great way to spend a hot summer day bbq'ing and for him to be a proud Daddy to be around his friends and to celebrate new life! We have some different circle of friends so it was his personal friend groups. We didn't benefit from the party, and it wasn't intended that we would. We spent a lot of money hosting it. And only his close friends attended. Everyone enjoyed the event and the food!
  • No, of course I wouldn't participate in this nonsense.  I would never feel comfortable hitting up our friends and family for stuff again and again.  Just leave the poor people alone and stop asking for handouts under the guise of free food.  
  • @Bliss+Berry‌ lol no we didn't benefit, we actually paid more to host than what we received. the whole point of these types of get togethers is to bring ppl (friends & family) together to celebrate a new baby (life). and by making an "event" it brings everyone together at the same time. Sorry hun, but these types of get togethers have been around for a long long time lol despite your opinion.
    And you know what? if you are friends and family...u usually treat each other with the same gratitude and generosity in the same or other big events in their lives. I'm my opinion that's what friends and family do. you get you give. if a person doesn't have that type of friends and family....then u don't have to ask them to celebrate with u.
  • as disgusting as it sounds to not have friends and family whom are generous and show gratitude to each other....obviously from certain posts....it must happen from time to time....
  • Also just as a side note... any diapers that we can't use (baby doesn't like)or have excess in size (too many size 1 etc.) we are giving to other families ( women's shelters, food banks etc.).
    not so disgusting after all, hey.
  • @Bliss+Berry‌ lol no we didn't benefit, we actually paid more to host than what we received. the whole point of these types of get togethers is to bring ppl (friends & family) together to celebrate a new baby (life). and by making an "event" it brings everyone together at the same time. Sorry hun, but these types of get togethers have been around for a long long time lol despite your opinion. And you know what? if you are friends and family...u usually treat each other with the same gratitude and generosity in the same or other big events in their lives. I'm my opinion that's what friends and family do. you get you give. if a person doesn't have that type of friends and family....then u don't have to ask them to celebrate with u.
    I had a friend who threw herself a party to "celebrate" her baby.  She rented out a space because she invited a ton of people and got all this food.  I hear 3 people showed up.  This was the fourth baby she wanted everyone to celebrate. Had she taken the money and brought her own stuff she would have spent less.  

Like someone else said, you basically charged your friends a bag of diapers in exchange for a meal. "you get to give" .  If we're really being honest it's "you give to get" 
  • @shinyredsmartazz‌ -I'm emphasizing the word in that post, since it's been used by others....which rubbed me the wrong way. very lame of ppl.
  • @shinyredsmartazz‌ -I'm emphasizing the word in that post, since it's been used by others....which rubbed me the wrong way. very lame of ppl.
    It is disgusting to be rude, gift grabby, and to throw yourself a party where you make people bring you diapers. What's lame is people who expect everyone else to fund their baby's needs.

Buy your own shit.
  • @ the rest of the comments made by posters, the thing is, if ur invited to an event YOU don't have to go, it's the persons choice. Also like a baby registry it's easier to let ppl know what would be good to bring (if they choose to bring something) your not made to bring anything if u don't want to. Rather than have x-# of ppl asking u what to bring etc. it's just easier. ALSO...Diaper Party...is the name of the event lol such as Birthday Party, Graduation Party, I can go on with a list of non baby related events ...it just so happens that Diaper Party has been the choice of an event name for a male pregnancy partner...rather than Baby Shower. I think you all should get over yourselves. FYI I'm not dissing or complaining that it's disgusting to NOT have a diaper party.
    Get the real point here, it's a scheduled celebration between family and friends for a baby. lol seriously.
  • Lol. Peace
  • @ the rest of the comments made by posters, the thing is, if ur invited to an event YOU don't have to go, it's the persons choice. Also like a baby registry it's easier to let ppl know what would be good to bring (if they choose to bring something) your not made to bring anything if u don't want to. Rather than have x-# of ppl asking u what to bring etc. it's just easier. ALSO...Diaper Party...is the name of the event lol such as Birthday Party, Graduation Party, I can go on with a list of non baby related events ...it just so happens that Diaper Party has been the choice of an event name for a male pregnancy partner...rather than Baby Shower. I think you all should get over yourselves. FYI I'm not dissing or complaining that it's disgusting to NOT have a diaper party. Get the real point here, it's a scheduled celebration between family and friends for a baby. lol seriously.

:-q
  • also it can be simply stated that it's "disgusting" that someone wouldn't bring a gift to such an event, whether it be diapers or whatever. disgusting in the fact of being cheap. (which honestly, wouldnt be a thought in my brain if it happened) but I can see how others would think that.
    @Meery82‌ - lol obviously I am and do but my own stuff. there is more needed that diapers.
    As for the venue being held at our place, we have a house with a backyard, it's our friends and our baby so they would be more inclined to come to our place. And to take care of the whole event, instead of a friend stressing about it. Shows gratitude and appreciation as well. and when our friends or family have such celebrations, we give back and yes @allrightmeow‌ ( you get, you give) and vise versa. lol. I love that I have such awesome family and friends. I'm there for them, and they're there for me! That's the best ppl to celebrate life with. lol
  • it's a saying, not meant to be literal, more sarcastic
  • yes, I joined a pregnancy app to comment on this...ppfftt.
    and I'm not defensive, I just find it funny that ppl can put such a negative spin on such a harmless event
  • also it can be simply stated that it's "disgusting" that someone wouldn't bring a gift to such an event, whether it be diapers or whatever. disgusting in the fact of being cheap. (which honestly, wouldnt be a thought in my brain if it happened) but I can see how others would think that. @Meery82‌ - lol obviously I am and do but my own stuff. there is more needed that diapers. As for the venue being held at our place, we have a house with a backyard, it's our friends and our baby so they would be more inclined to come to our place. And to take care of the whole event, instead of a friend stressing about it. Shows gratitude and appreciation as well. and when our friends or family have such celebrations, we give back and yes @allrightmeow‌ ( you get, you give) and vise versa. lol. I love that I have such awesome family and friends. I'm there for them, and they're there for me! That's the best ppl to celebrate life with. lol
    Really?? Good lord...
  • aditigirl said:
    Wait, @mybambino1‌... Did you join just to comment on this post?! Can you say defensive?

=))
  • aditigirl said:

yes, I joined a pregnancy app to comment on this...ppfftt.
    and I'm not defensive, I just find it funny that ppl can put such a negative spin on such a harmless event

I misread. I still find it hilarious that you are making this your hill to die on.
    whatever that means....?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"