Texas Babies
Options

Too late to change?

Hi everyone,

I'm 36 weeks with my first baby and it's been a thankfully easy pregnancy (all normal symptoms aside).  I go to the UTHSC-MARC and have a fantastic OB, so I was planning on delivering at University... until I took the tour.  I was completely unimpressed with the hospital and the perceived comfort level - holes in the walls (L&D is on the non-renovated side), small rooms (but private), and a terrible family waiting room to name a few issues.  But I've heard the staff are great, and that if something goes wrong I'd want to be a University.  So, after talking to my Dr., I'm considering and researching switching to another practioner so I could go to another hospital, probably St. Luke's.  My questions for moms who may know:

- Am I crazy for wanting to switch this late?  Especially if I have a great Dr?  (Even though he may not be the one to deliver me?)

- Does anyone have any experience delivering at University?  Good or bad?  I'm fairly new to SA, so I don't have many people to ask.

- Is St. Luke's worth making the effort to switch?

Thanks!

Re: Too late to change?

• Options
    Honestly I hated my doctor and wanted to switch last minute but didn't. It really comes down to if you care that much. My doctor didn't even delivery my baby. When it was time to give birth I was so excited and scared I didn't care as long as someone was qualified. I loved saint lukes. I just delivered a month ago and the staff was amazing. My first so I'm not a pro. Good luck!
  • Options
    I hate university hospital. I delivered at North Central Baptist and my doctor was Dr. Arya from Riverwalk OBGYN. You aren't crazy for wanting to switch but I'm not sure most places will allow you to now that your so close to delivering. I cared so much about where I delivered I researched before I even got pregnant lol It was definitely worth it. My friend delivered at St. Lukes and she said she preferred my hospital. If anything goes wrong with baby they transfer them to the NCB NICU. I guess the only way youll know is if you ask! Goodluck.

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CKH225CKH225 member
    Thanks, Dinomama.  Is there any particular reason you hate University?  And my friend also delivered at NCB and loved it, but it's too far for me so I was looking in the medical center area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"