Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

wrap vs sling

My daughter is 5 weeks old.  I bought a Moby wrap and love it.  My baby loves being in it.  Problem is.. we live in Florida and it is too hot!! Also, the fabric is sooo long.  It's a pain.. when I put it on, it hits the dirty ground all the time. 

I am interested in purchasing a sling of some sort.  What do you recommend that is COOL AND GREAT FOR WARM WEATHER.. also comfortable. 

I have a babies r us gift card.  Do they sell any good slings?

THANKS! 

Re: wrap vs sling

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    We love the Ergo and love it, but it's hot also.  They make an Ergo Sport that's supposed to be more breathable.   Depending on how big your baby is, they might be too small to use the Ergo without the infant insert, which is basically like wrapping them in a thick comforter.   We had to stop using it, but fortunately LO is big enough that he doesn't really need it anymore.
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SaraeaySaraeay member
    I'm also in Florida and curious about this too. I've been looking online at Target and found K'Tan Breeze Wrap, Ergobaby Performance & Ergobaby Ventus. These are all suppose to be lighter weight material or with mesh sections for increased air flow.

Has anyone used one of these or recommend another option? Florida is hot as balls already!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmdendykmdendy member
    edited May 2014
    Someone suggested that I try and make a ring sing. I tried and failed! 
  • Options
    Look into a linen ring sling by Sakura Bloom. Linen is lightweight, airy, breathable and strong. It's great for warm weather especially the summer! It also can fold up fairly small so I keep one in my diaper bag.

If you'd prefer a SSC, check out Kinderpacks. They make them with "kool knit" in the center panel for more breathability. I'm on my 3rd one!
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    fraseyfrasey member
    I have a K'Tan, and love it!! Haven't tried the Breeze, but Id get it in a second if we lived somewhere hot for sure. I live in Ontario, and its still fairly cool here, so my main concern right now is keeping ourselves warm.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    You can go to the Attachment Parenting board and look at info on carriers. The girls there really know a lot.

I second the idea of a ring sling. I just ordered one from Sleeping Baby Productions. I learned about her from the attachment parenting board.

The K'Tan Breeze is supposed to be good. Target has them online. You can always order it and return to the store if you don't like it. The K'Tan is the same idea as the Moby, but not so much fabric.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    SaraeaySaraeay member
    Thanks ladies - I'm not OP but your info is helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"