May 2014 Moms
Options

If you had a second c/s...

How many nights did you stay in the hospital?

We have a RCS scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. DH thinks I'll only need to stay one night before I can go home. I'm not so sure.

We stayed the full 3 nights last time, but it was unplanned and also our first child. Do you think only one night is reasonable or is DH being overly hopeful?
                      PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you had a second c/s...

• Options
    With our first the c/s was on a Tuesday evening and I wasn't discharged until Friday afternoon, 3 days. This one was a RCS she was born Wednesday morning and I was discharged Saturday afternoon, 3 days. I had the option of being discharged late on Friday but my dr recommended against it and said the extra few hrs of help is worth it, along with keeping the staples in little bit longer too, and DD was checked by the pediatrician another day too. But one day nope you'll be in the hospital at the least 2 days, remind DH that you're having major abdominal surgery!
  • Options
    jenb_99jenb_99 member
    I'm having my 2nd cs on Thursday and am staying the entire 3 nights. I won't be discharged till Sunday.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This was my third c/s...everything went beautifully, I was up and around quickly, I never required more than Motrin, no complications whatsoever for myself or baby. Annnnnd we were still there 3 nights, delivered Friday evening, discharged early Monday morning.
  • Options
    Um I had an uncomplicated vaginal delivery and stayed three nights (she was born after the cutoff that first night so i got two more). It was glorious.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    kat8805kat8805 member
    We stayed until LO could have her 48hr testing done, both times. First time we checked in early early Thursday morning, discharged Saturday morning, this time we checked in at 10am Monday, delivered at 12:34pm, and were discharged Wednesday midday.
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I stayed 2 nights (DS was born on Thursday and came home home Saturday afternoon) which is the same as what I did the first time.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I stayed the full 4 nights with both csections. Both were scheduled Monday morning and I went home Friday morning. Honestly with a breastfeeding baby I was really grateful to be in the hospital with nurses who know what they are doing to get through the 3rd day. That's always the hardest day of breastfeeding and I can't imagine doing it alone. I don't know how they send moms home after only 2 nights! DD2 had some feeding issues and I had to start pumping and supplementing on day 3, so I'm really glad I was in the hospital to identify the problem and get help.
  • Options
    minirayminiray member
    I had my first c/s on a Sunday morning and went home Wednesday afternoon. This time I had the c/s at 2:09am Saturday and was sent home at 6pm Sunday ( the next day).

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    48-72 hours is the norm here
  • Options
    Thanks all! I'm pretty sure insurance is required by law now to cover at least 48 hrs after birth, so not sure what DH was thinking.

He's probably worried about taking care of DD1 all by himself for two nights. Either that or the money thing (how much well have to pay out of pocket). Hospital stays definitely aren't cheap, but it is what it is.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    This one was my first she was born at 9:54 am Sunday and I was discharged at noon Tuesday. I was doing really well and had the option to stay 1 more night as my insurance would cover it but I couldn't sleep well in the hospital and I had my mom (used to be a peds nurse) at home to help me out so I chose to leave early. If I end up with a second c-section I'd only want to stay two nights again if possible.
    BabyName Tickerimage
  • Options
    3 nights for all three of mine.

Mommy to three beautiful boys! 
    Benjamin Michael 5/17/10
    Lucas Gabriel 3/26/12
    Graham Jonathan 5/1/14

• Options
    I stayed 2 the first time and I plan on staying 2 this time as long as my doc says its ok, I had bp issues so we'll see.

Around here the pediatrician wont let you leave before 48 hours.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nmooney1Nmooney1 member
    edited May 2014
    krlovell said:

With our first the c/s was on a Tuesday evening and I wasn't discharged until Friday afternoon, 3 days. This one was a RCS she was born Wednesday morning and I was discharged Saturday afternoon, 3 days. I had the option of being discharged late on Friday but my dr recommended against it and said the extra few hrs of help is worth it, along with keeping the staples in little bit longer too, and DD was checked by the pediatrician another day too. But one day nope you'll be in the hospital at the least 2 days, remind DH that you're having major abdominal surgery!

Pretty much this.
    With my first (it was unplaned and an emergency) we stayed 3 nights. With my second, I had a spinal headache and had to get a blood patch. They had me stay 4 nights.
    With this one, she was born this past Wed (early afternoon) and left Saturday afternoon - so 3 nights. My OB said I could stay a 4th night if I felt like I needed it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My Hooligans.....Samuel Brice-Fritzgerald (6/30/10) and Payton Elizabeth (7/23/08)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"