January 2014 Moms
Options

Croup

Elsa has a cough that sounds like a seal's bark. It reminds me of when my son had croup. I'm staying home w her today bc if it is croup it's contagious. I didn't realize babies this little could get it. Anyone else have any experience with croup at a young age?

Re: Croup

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I made an appt for later in the day. Poor girl. She took a 2.5 hour nap which is unusual. I have her propped up in swing while I work in case it's drainage related. She's just not her happy little self. So sad. I have asthma myself so I tend to panic with breathing related ailments.

• Options
    DD had a croupy cough at around 12 weeks. It was going around her daycare at the time. It was only ever croupy sounding at night, I never heard her do it during the day but I did record it for the pedi. She recommended our same course of comfort care for colds (humidifier, etc) and at the time to take her outside for a few min and let the cold air soothe her throat. She said (as weird as it sounds) if DD ever got it when it was warm out to let her breathe in air coming out of the freezer.

I was told most croup is viral and goes away on its own. For us the sounds went away after 3 nights.

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter had croup last month.  We went to the dr just for reassurance that it wasn't pneumonia.  It sucks but they are usually over it in a few days. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Glad I took her. It's croup but he gave steroid shot bc at this age airways are small and they can get into trouble fast. Poor girl.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"