May 2014 Moms
Options

Would you go in...?

Hi ladies,

Trying to make up my mind here! I've been having contractions since about 5 pm - it is not 1 am. They started off slow and inconsistent and are now about 4.5 to 5 min apart lasting about 45 seconds. It's been almost an hour of that. They are pretty painful now, but not excruciating.

This is my second pregnancy. With my first son, I think I went in after about 9 hours of contractions, but still labored for like a total of 24 hours from the start of contractions.

I know they say the second goes faster and the hospital is about 30 min away, so I don't want to wait too long. But, I certainly don't feel like I'm about to push him out any second.

Also it doesn't help that it is now my two year olds second birthday. His one was due the 24th, but aapparently wants to share his big brother's bday. I feel guilty about this! So I don't want to rush in and have them break my water and such to speed it up if maybe I can hold out for 24 hours (I seriously doubt I can). Am I crazy? When would you go in?

Re: Would you go in...?

• Options
    I would. If the hospital is 30 min away. Contractions in the car were brutal for me and it was only 10 minutes!

Gooduck :)
  • Options
    Esbi25Esbi25 member
    Thank you! I thought about that too. If rather not get into the 2-3 min apart contractions while being stuck in a car!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Esbi25Esbi25 member
    Yeah I was conflicted cause of the 5-1-1 since they're a little closer, but not lasting a whole minute yet. I guess better safe than sorry. Might be time to head in.

• Options
    I would go in. You are basically meeting the 5-1-1 and it is your second kid.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    Krisd6Krisd6 member
    Go in
    Good luck!!!
  • Options
    I would also head in. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It's an average too, your close enough!
  • Options
    Oh boy! I hope you made it! With my second, I had a similar experience as you and he came way faster than expected. The hospital was less than 10 minutes away and he was born about 1/2 hour after I arrived at the hospital.
  • Options
    Definitely!

It's a BOY

• Options
    Esbi25Esbi25 member
    Sadly, very disappointing. We went in around 3 am. I was still dialated 1-2 cm same as my appt last Monday. I'm having painful contractions, but they are apparently doing nothing :-/

They also found that I had ketones in my urine and said I need to eat protein and drink a lot more water. I've felt so horrible all day, I had barely eaten or drank anything.

It's so confusing though - they say come back when your contractions are 5-10 min apart for an hour and the pain is increasing. I was like uhhh that's how they have been, but obviously they aren't painful enough. But I'm a wimp and these are killing me!

They are still going and getting worse now, but now I'm totally torn about when to go back. I'll probably try to go for a walk. When I arrived for my son's birth I was only 2 cm and they had me walk and admitted me at 4, I believe.

• Options
    Esbi25Esbi25 member
    I have come to the conclusion that my pain tolerance must be incredibly low... But also my labors last incredibly long. I'm ready for my epidural ASAP :-(

• Options
    Wow! Congratulations!!
  • Options
    Glad you & baby are safe! That's a crazy story
  • Options
    Congrats!!
    Baby #2 is on the way!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby #1!
    Charles Edward 4/13/12 
    9 lbs 2 oz 22 & 3/4 inches
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    Congratulations!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!
    October Siggy Challenge - Halloween

Happy Endings

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wow, that's CRAZY!!
    Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    keeummkeeumm member
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    TnpeachTnpeach member
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Doesn't sound like you are a wimp to me!  9 lbs 15 oz and 22 inches long -- wow!!  Congratulations!!!!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"