May 2014 Moms
Options

membrane sweep without telling me?

had my appt today and
cervical check was kinda icky! dr said I will have this kid within a few days and that I was 70% effaced and 2mm. if I don't have baby by Friday he's gonna break my water! so that was pleasant news. after a few hrs I had a full blown period and freaked out so I was sent to l and d. dr at hospital said it looked like my membranes were swept and that's what caused the blood. I wish my dr would have told me that's what He was doing this morning. don't they usually inform you!? I wasn't expecting all that blood either. gees

Re: membrane sweep without telling me?

• Options
    I can't imagine that is okay for your doc to do that without telling you. I usually bleed a decent amount when I get checked - sensitive cervix.
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did your exam last longer than usual? I asked to be swept so I was expecting it but I could for sure tell she was going in a circular motion and lasted longer than a regular cervical check. I would expect your Dr. to ask first though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage

• Options
    yes it was different then normal I was confused why it was hurting! but no he never told me so I had no idea.
  • Options
    jay3907jay3907 member
    mine did a membrane sweep last week and didn't tell me until I asked him if he was going to do one, he said "I just did it". I was kind of freaked out that he didn't tell me ahead of time. I was expecting some bleeding but never had any. Had some cramping and contractions but no bleeding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think mine did one and didn't tell me because a week later when I had my next check he said he was just doing another sweep.  I didn't know he had done one in the first place!
  • Options
    HallilHallil member
    Yeah he could have, and not told you. I'd personally go ape shit but that's just me.
  • Options
    ya well I am a bit annoyed. that's something I think people should be told about!
  • Options
    That's crazy! I think he/she should have definitely told you what was going on before it was done. Well what's done is done and hopefully you have your LO soon!
  • Options
    Sounds like he did

It's a BOY

• Options
    drjwjdrjwj member
    Mine did one last time at 39 weeks and didn't tell me until after he did it, which bothered me.  I knew it hurt more than the previous cervical checks but thought it was positioning or something.  That night I had cramping and nausea but no baby.  I expected another at 40 weeks, and he didn't say anything so I am not sure if he did or not.
    Married April 2009 
    TTC since May 2010 
    2011 Unexplained IF
    Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
     IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
    IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
    IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
    FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think I had this happen to me today!  Of course I didn't put the pieces together in my head until after I got home and the office was closed, so I have no way of confirming whether the dr did a sweep without asking or telling me, but I'm pretty sure she did and I'm pretty ticked about it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"