2nd Trimester
Options

Weird spasm in the upper belly

Hi, so I noticed this weird spasm in my upper belly. I'm 20 weeks and the spasm is way too high to be baby. It's like right under my chest, way above belly button. Any thoughts? I read maybe hiccups or muscle spasm from stretching.

Re: Weird spasm in the upper belly

• Options
    mb314mb314 member
    edited May 2014
    Is it like right under your breastbone, kind of to the side?  I get a spasm there every once in a while (pregnant or not) - usually from doing something like sneezing, taking off a shirt or a sports bra, or something else.  For me, it is painful, but it goes away in a minute or so.  I have no idea what mine is, but it clearly related to doing a weird movement that I don't normally do. 

ETA: when I mean under the breastbone, it's not directly under it.  It is outside of the breastbone area, below it, just a little bit "south" of where my rib cage ends, in my upper belly.  If you are having spasms directly under the sternum/breastbone, that could be a heart attack, which is not what either one of us are describing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think that the feeling is like under where my bra is.. Sometimes towards the left, sometimes kind of in the middle. Up high where my belly starts to round off. But the feeling doesn't usually twitch with my pulse it's a different feeling like a spasm.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Feels like a miniature kitten purring, right?
  • Options
    Ive had the same thing happen my doctor said it's from the baby moving around hitting my nerves or muscles. She said to just sit down and try to relax when it happenes.
  • Options
    Thank you! At first it did feel like a weird twitching feeling and now it almost feels like a rumbling feeling .. Almost like a cat purring lol so strange.
  • Options
    I get that all the time.  My Nurse said it is my stomach and gas bubbles...but I am sure that doesn't last for 10 minutes at a time.  Good luck...I have no suggestions.
  • Options
    I spoke with a friend and she said it's prob everything shifting and moving up. Who knows!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"