May 2014 Moms

Breastfeeding check in

2»

Re: Breastfeeding check in

• How old is LO ? How long between feedings? DD is 2 days old.

EBF, EP, supplementing? Ebf.

What challenges have you had this week, what solutions did you find?
    Breast feeding is hard. I had two visits from the lactation consultants before I was discharged. I also had another app today with a lactation consultant at her first pedi app. They said she has a good latch. My milk is also coming in today and my boobs are so sore. I also has a 4th degree tear from her head coming out sideways and finding any comfortable position is difficult.

Raves and rants? Rave - she is so worth it and it feels nice to have the professionals say you're doing it right. Rant - this is hard and frustrating.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LO is 3 days old
    EBF
    Challenges/solutions: Agee that this is hard! Overall we are doing well bit it's a challenge and we are learning together. Milk came in today and my boobs are hard. LO has a hard time latching, especially to one side, with the harder breasts and slippery surface. One the side she doesn't like my nipple is smaller and doesn't pull out very easily. I've found if I stimulate it and pull it out for get (and keep patting dry) she'll get it eventually. Patience is key. I have a hard time knowing when she is done and when she is just taking a break. I usually offer again a few minutes after she is done, after changing her diaper, and she may go another 5-10 min. Also it hurts! Better today but yesterday my nips were on fire and you realize why some ppl can't/won't stick with it
    Raves: saw ped today for 1st dr appt. she says not to wake LO every 2 -3 hours after her last evening feeding. As long as she's still having enough output and putting on her weight- says she'll eat more during day and we'll build a better sleep cycle. Yay!
  • Loading the player...
  • lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    edited May 2014
    Babe is 1 week today. We go 2-4 hours between feedings.

Supplementing.

Challenges - getting off the nipple shield. The LC said we should stop using it. Of course he latched on fine without it for her but it's been tough because he gets fussy and I haven't been pushing it. This morning I couldn't find it so I gave him some pumped milk first to calm down and then he latched on. We are supplementing to get his weight up and have a weight check tomorrow so hopefully we can stop.

Raves - he's getting better at BFing everyday.

Rant - sore boobs and I feel like a milking machine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How old is LO ?
    2 weeks

How long between feedings?
    Anywhere from 1-4 hours (1 tends to be after light feedings, trying to work on increasing efficiency)

EBF, EP, supplementing?
    EBF

What challenges have you had this week, what solutions did you find ?
    Both nipples super inverted.  Looks like I'm going to be on the shield for the long haul unless something changes.  In the interest of sanity, DH is bottle feeding 1 time/day so I can get some uninterrupted sleep.

Raves and rants?
    DD keeps clawing the nipple shield off right before I'm about to get the latch, highly frustrating.  I want to feed her swaddled, but then she gets too comfortable and falls asleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO is 9 days old. EBF. Time between feedings completely varies. Our biggest problem is him wanting to cluster feed for 4 hours straight in the middle of the night.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"