Baby Names

A middle name for Abraham

My BF wants to name his first son Abraham after a long line of namesakes in his family. But the middle names have varied throughout the years. He said he wants his son to get abused and "toughen up" with the old fashioned name of Abraham.
So what flows with Abraham? Names we came across: Justin, Lucian, Zander......someone please help!!!!!

Re: A middle name for Abraham

• Any names from your side of the family you'd like to use? Really, anything other than Lincoln would probably be fine.
  • Yes, Lincoln is definitely a NO NO, lol
  • Loading the player...
  • MauiBliss, I understand your taken aback a bit. I was a bit surprised when he first told me this too but it wasn't meant to be as mean as it sounds. He doesn't seem to care for common traditional names and seemed to want to carry on a family name. I was trying to stay away from A names due to sounding like the "Duggar's", but Abraham sits right smack in the middle.
  • mh89mh89 member
    He wants his son to get abused? Good reason for choosing a name...

You should have left it at "it's a family name".
    image image

• Michael is a nice fit, thanks ClaryPax
  • megbmegmegbmeg member
    How about Abraham Ellis or Abraham David or Abraham Henry?
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• I love Henry! You ladies are giving me great ideas
  • I have a 4-year-old named Abraham John. We considered Michael for a middle name but I felt like the M's ran together when pronouncing both together.
  • I love the name Abraham. It would have been my top choice for a boy EXCEPT..my older son is Isaac. I love Biblical names, but that sibset would have been too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"