March 2013 Moms

Naps

Just wondering what all of the LOs nap schedules look like now that they're a year old?  DD is still taking 2 naps most days, anywhere from 30 min to an hour each.  She naps better when someone lays with her, which is wonderful and horrible at the same time. :)  She has had a couple of one nap days recently, so I'm wondering if she's getting ready to drop one of them soon.  If your LO is down to one nap is it at the same time as one of the previous naps or a new time?  So if they took a morning and afternoon before, did they say drop the morning and now just take the afternoon, or do they take the one mid-day now?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         

Re: Naps

• We're still on 2 naps a day most days. If we're out and about doing something exciting in the morning then he will take a nice long pm nap.  When he goes to one nap it will be from 12:30-2:30 or so since that's the schedule at daycare. I posted this in the early rising thread too but here's the nap transition link again.
  • smfdjosmfdjo member
    We are still on two naps.  An hour for the first one an hour and a half the second one.  
  • Loading the player...
  • We are down to one nap a day. For the first 9 mo or so naps were hit or miss and then he finally started to take 2 naps that were about 1 hr each. Now that he's taking one nap a day it's anywhere from 1.5-2.5 hrs long. I didn't think I'd like it but since he tends to nap longer I now love it.
  • Most babies still need 2 naps at this age. We're still doing a morning and afternoon nap, but when we drop to one I'm thinking it will be an afternoon nap (just a bit earlier than her current afternoon nap...and hopefully a bit longer!).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DS still needs and takes two naps a day. At childcare he usually takes one (per her routine with all the kids) but at home I give him two. He's a much happier boy that way. Both naps can be 1.5-2 hours long. I was hoping he'd continue this until ~18 months and drop to one long nap in the middle of the day.
  • @lars1226 that's a very helpful site, thanks for sharing!  I think we still need 2 naps as well for now, but in reading that link she is definitely starting to show signs of dropping one.  I think dropping the morning one and moving the afternoon one up makes the most sense, sounds like that's pretty common too. :)
  • DS dropped his afternoon nap right around 13 months.  Now he just does 1 nap that's 1.5 hrs at 10am.  If we miss that he will fall asleep around 1 and end up sleeping for 2 hours.  I miss that afternoon nap in some ways, but it makes our afternoons much more flexible.

;

• My LO takes one nap at 12:30 and typically wakes up around 2:45. I love it as we can now participate in the morning mommy & me activities around town.
  • rm2013rm2013 member
    My LO dropped down to one nap on her own around 9-10 months. It will be midday, anytime between 11-12. She'll sleep for two hours, sometimes almost 3 if she's not feeling well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• We're down to one.  Nap time at school is 12-2.  We'll sometimes sneak in 2 on the weekends.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My DD only naps once a day but it is usually for 2 - 3 hours and it can start anywhere from 12 noon to 3 PM depending on what MIL does with her during the day. She (usually) sleeps about 12 hours straight through the night 9 PM - 9AM. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"