January 2015 Moms
Options

:: Post Your Pregnancy Announcements Here! ::

Re: :: Post Your Pregnancy Announcements Here! ::

• Options
    I actually am not sure how far I am. If I go by my last period I'm almost 5 weeks and if I calculate from the day I think I got pregnant I'm 26 days.

So far we told my mom and dad and my brother and sister and my husbands mom. I had to tell my best friend because I wanted to borrow a book and knew I couldn't take it without her knowing lol. My husbands mom was in a bad mood one day so as we were leaving he called her over to the truck, at first she said no but then when she finally did come she was like " this better be worth it or your dead?" He was like "well you don't want to kill me because you get to be a nana again". He's her oldest and it's our first.

When I told my dad it didn't even faze him lol. He was bugging me the night before that I was pregnant but I didn't want to tell him yet. So as we were installing his new bed I was like well" you weren't to far off last night!" He was like "why" I was like because " I am, your going to be a grandpa!" He was like oh that's good.... Were going to have a great sleep tonight on this new bed. I laughed!
  • Options
    I'm only 4 weeks 1 day today so haven't told many, only 3 close friends so far. Waiting a week or so to tell my mom and sister.

Who did you tell? How did you do it? Close friends over text message.

Any funny or interesting reactions?  One friend said, "You're crazy!"
    FTM baby boy born Jan 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first ultrasound is June 12th, having had a miscarriage due to a blighted ovum back in December, I am waiting to tell our secret until we know there is in fact a baby in there. So seeing as we get the ultrasound on June 12th, as long as everything goes good, (praying everyday and night) we are planning to reveal our pregnancy on Father's Day. We bought both of our Fathers the same presents. A Shirt that says "This is what an awesome Grandpa looks like" and a frame for the refrigerator that says "The Best Parents get promoted to Grandparents" and we plan on putting the Ultrasound picture in the frame. I'm so excited and so anxious for the first Ultrasound and the reveal! We figured this is how we'd tell our family and than everyone else would find out another way.
  • Options
    mathgirlashmathgirlash member
    edited May 2014
    Hi All - first post to the January group.  We haven't told a lot of people as we had a bit of a rough start with this baby (similar to the start we had last year when we lost our first baby at 9 weeks). Feel like I can't really be excited yet - just more scared/nervous that I don't know if this baby is ok or not and don't want to get my hopes up just to be let down again. First ultrasound not until June 23. I think I'll feel much better once I see a happy, healthy little baby in there.

How Far Along: 7 weeks

Who did you tell? How did you do it? We've only told immediate family and close friends.  We haven't told anyone in a creative manner because I can't keep my DH from blurting it out to people!

Any funny or interesting reactions? My OB actually - when I called, she said "Wait? What? You're pregnant? I *just* saw you two weeks ago!"

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mathgirlashmathgirlash member
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    Lanatir said:
     Immediately after we left, MiL posted my pregnancy on her FB.  What the eff is wrong with people?!?!
    I hate it when other people spread your news without even asking if it is ok first.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am on vacation in Aruba. Ive been feeling really sick and really tired so my MIL got me a pregnancy test. As far as I can tell I'm 6 weeks! Scary cuz its my first. I'm 23 and my guy is 31 so he was more ready for it than I was. Im really nervous. And of course my MIL cant keep her excitement contained! Is it bad if I'm not over the moon? I think I will be but not just yet. Idk.
  • Options
    Some great stories already.

I'm probably 5 weeks now. Due 1/27/15

Older sister knows because I was sick our whole time in Norway and she put two and two together. We aren't telling anyone until the end of June since I won't be able to hide it in Cancun with everyone drinking. We ought a shirt for DD to wear saying no longer an only child I'm going to be a big sister.

No funny reveals. Maybe once we start announcing.
  • Options
    I'm 4 weeks. First HPT was yesterday. Tested again this morning and went for a beta test. Waiting on those results. Told my friend who is 26 weeks and another friend that is 15 weeks. Our two daughters will find it when the rest of the world finds out unless I can't hide my bump. I am so happy and excited. Hubby is already giving me those sweet little belly rubs! Technically due Feb 5 but since I'll have a c section it'll be a January baby!
  • Options
    eem2u2eem2u2 member
    I am a little over 4 weeks. We are due February 1st but I've never made it to my due date with my boys. We are very excited to be pregnant again, hopefully the last one :) we aren't telling friends and family after a previous loss in March. We have 2 boys 3 and 18mos.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I am due with our first (after a miscarriage about 5 years ago) and I am eight weeks along. We have only told a few immediate family members and plan to tell the rest after week twelve.

We want to tell people with an announcement in the mail that is hockey themed as my hubby loves and plays hockey! I made up an announcement and would be happy to share if you message me!

We told my sisters when we were all at the hospital together. My sister was in labour with her third child and my other sister was pregnant with her first and is due in July. They were so excited and we were made to pose for pictures since we are all pregnant at the same time. It was such a nice moment :-)
  • Options
    I am 5 weeks and 5 days!!!!

I told my in laws first
    Then I was talking to my sister in law and she had a dream I was pregnant and called me out on it--- so I had to tell my brother and my parents.

Unfortunately my dad said " what are you nuts"

It didn't go very well, but hubby and I are very happy!
  • Options
    CorametCoramet member
    Hey guys!

How far along were you?
    I told some friends and close family around five weeks-- we had been TTC for three years and after countless expensive fertility treatments, decided not to have kids. We got pregnant the first month into that new mindset, naturally.

Who did you tell? How did you do it?
    We told the rest of our family at 7 weeks.
    I attached our reveal below.

Any funny or interesting reactions?
    People were totally blown away, especially considering we had come to make peace with our TTC journey and family knew of our journey. Most people were elated, some even emotional. :)
  • Options
    Were both Italian, so it fits well
  • Options
    How far along were you?
    The day after dh came in me.. so like freshly implanted. I knew it would stick because I was ovulating and am very fertile. (This will be my third baby.)
    my sister, and a bunch of friends. I asked everyone if I should take the morning after pill because I didn't think I was ready to be pregnant again. 
    well, everyone agreed I shouldn't bother with the morning after pill, and that I should just get pregnant.   I took a test 3.5 weeks later and it was positive. We told close friends and some family.
  • Options
    Daddy is a firemen and he wants to be like his daddy!
  • Options
    I'm for real!
  • Options
    Briana1992Briana1992 member
    edited June 2014
    I was 7 weeks pregnant (was told 5 for a guesstimation at the doc.& am currently 8wks&4days) and I had suggested to my boyfriend for us to grill out and break the news to his family. As he told his mother in the slightly crowded room, everyone got quiet. - btwww, did NOT make me feel better about the situation considering the fact I was already two months and had just found out a few days prior.

As we all began to talk about the big news, we had already known his cousin, who had just graduated high school,was about approx.8weeks.

And then, my boyfriend's brother starts to nit pick at his wife and had eased his way in to saying his wife was expecting as well. 12Wks! And already have 3.

I'm like DAMN, are we serious right now? Lol. Just an entertaining night with all these new babies we're welcoming soon.

*and last to mention, my boyfriend's bestfriend's girlfriend just called yesterday and said she was 6 weeks and just had one. Also, we are expecting another baby in my family by my cousin.
    Phewwwwwwwww
  • Options
    I was 7 weeks pregnant (was told 5 for a guesstimation at the doc.& am currently 8wks&4days) and I had suggested to my boyfriend for us to grill out and break the news to his family. As he told his mother in the slightly crowded room, everyone got quiet. - btwww, did NOT make me feel better about the situation considering the fact I was already two months and had just found out a few days prior.

As we all began to talk about the big news, we had already known his cousin, who had just graduated high school,was about approx.8weeks.

And then, my boyfriend's brother starts to nit pick at his wife and had eased his way in to saying his wife was expecting as well. 12Wks! And already have 3.

I'm like DAMN, are we serious right now? Lol. Just an entertaining night with all these new babies we're welcoming soon.

*and last to mention, my boyfriend's bestfriend's girlfriend just called yesterday and said she was 6 weeks and just had one. Also, we are expecting another baby in my family by my cousin.
    Phewwwwwwwww
  • Options
    I was only 6 dpo when we found out and I told about 12 people immediately, lol! After my son died, there have been a lot of people rooting for us, knowing we were ttc again, so I wanted to let them know. They were all very excited/happy. We kept my pregnancy with my son a secret until he was born, thinking that would keep other people safe from the pain of our loss (we had 2 miscarriages prior to him). So now I just don't care as much about the secretive part. We'll tell family after the 1st ultrasound and tell everyone else (facebook included) around 8 weeks.
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• Options
    On Mother's Day, we had only known for about a week. My sister and sister-in-law are both pregnant as well, and when my DH offered to get a picture of all the pregnant people, I just sorta popped in. We got a lot of cute surprised pictures :)

We posted this picture to social media this week and let people figure it out. It's early, but so many people already knew, so we're throwing caution to the wind a bit.

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    J15 June Siggy Challenge - Fave TV Dad (Sandy Cohen)
    You could always depend on Mr. Cohen for a laugh.

• Options
    @kyleebree how cute is he!

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    J15 June Siggy Challenge - Fave TV Dad (Sandy Cohen)
    You could always depend on Mr. Cohen for a laugh.

• Options
    We haven't told anyone yet but I'm thinking of getting this printed on a onsie to give to my dad on Father's day (I put it together on Adobe PS). We'll likely do something similar for my Brothers' families and will tell my husband's parents on the phone since they live half way across the country.
  • Options
    I just found out Monday that as of today, I am 7 weeks 0 days pregnant with a due date of 1/21/15. This was a very happy surprise and my boyfriend and I are excited. We told his parents and my mother but I have yet to tell my father. Not sure how he is going to react! My symptoms are VERY sore breasts, thirst, exhaustion, and night time nausea. And I swear that I am showing already lol I feel like I can't suck it in anymore and frankly, I couldn't care less. Any one else having that belly issue already?
    BabyFetus Ticker
            BFP: 5/20/14 EDD: 1/21/15
    Come on Baby Zappia!!

• Options
    I am the same way! Ive never been fat but curvy and now im 8 weeks and 6 days and i literally can not suck it in and my tummy has gotten slighty more watermelon like...its so weird! But idk if Im acrually starting to show or if im plying a jedi mind trick lol
  • Options
    I will be 11 weeks tomorrow. I am so excited! ! My due date is January 1st. My hubby and I are so excited! !
  • Options
    was only 4 weeks when we announced it. I made a movie poster with a wedding picture of me and my husband. The title was First Baby, coming to a belly near you in Jan 2015! Everyone on my Facebook loved it! The close friends and family members we had told on the phone a few days earlier.

The funniest reaction was my husbands stepdad. He said 'oh shit. Now I feel old' lol

I told my husband by putting a few stickers on our bathroom mirror that said 'we are having a baby' and balloons on either side. His reaction was shock, followed by 'I thought one of us was infertile for sure..' Haha cause we hadnt been using protection for over a year, with no hiccups until now!

My symptoms are sore breasts and exhaustion but I feel bigger as well! I'm not sure if I'm actually showing or just experiencing withdrawal from a medicine I recently stopped. Either way, I'm excited!
  • Options
    I did a video surprising my family, then posted it to facebook.. it got the point across lol definitely take a look if you guys want here ;)
  • Options
    I was 7 weeks when we finally decided to tell the family. We had known for 3 weeks, and the day we told them I had moved from high risk of mc to low risk. We got to see the heartbeat on the ultrasound and the doctor printed us out a pic. Most people we showed the pic and told them nicely and excitedly. My mom couldn't stop smiling.
    The great part though was it was my bil's birthday, so we decided to mess with him. He has 3 kids under 5 including a 6 month old. Fresh out of law school without a current job. We had his wife give him a present, that was actually the ultrasound pic, he about had a heart attack, then read the name on it and just looks at us and says really? And started to tear up from relief lol
  • Options
    jujubean314jujubean314 member
    edited June 2014
    I'm 7w2d. 

I've told more people than I wanted to initially. Mostly close friends. I'm very open with my friends so I have let a few in. Others like my chiropractor, massage therapists, dance instructor (we were fitting for a show in aug) kinda needed to know. But they are all mentors and friends. We had a scare initially because my husband is on methotrexate and we know he was supposed to be off of it for 3mo before we tried. We werent trying. So when we conceived we were really worried... So there I went telling my nurse friends and asking them questions. (In men it won't effect the pregnancy, in woman it's used to treat ectopic pregnancy). I have many super close friends and a great amount of trust so I know the rest will here from me when we are ready. 

We are waiting to tell family until after the 1st sonogram on the 18th. I have a family night most sundays when I am not in a show. We have invited both families over the following Sunday. 

I did tell my best friend who is a Pisces like me and I've known for 25yrs I told and she said, "Oh shit." It was funny cause the next thing she said is, "You know we tend to go through the same things at the same time.... right?!?!" I laughed cause we've had that convo more than once. She said she's making her bf double bag it for sure now! But she's excited to be the godmother and she's so excited for us. Everyone I told is very happy for us as we are newly married (10-13-2013). 

I am too. I'm just a bit ready to be past the 1st trimester and feel more confidant about the whole process. I love my baby inside me. We meditate and cover ourselves in light everyday.
  • Options
    jujubean314jujubean314 member
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    We had our son wear a big brother t and brought him to my parents' house. I thought it would be fun to see how long it took them to figure it out. Unfortunately my mom was late so they didn't get to figure it out together. Good reactions though. My mom cried.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Options
    I found out I was pregnant the day of my wedding last month. I was 4 weeks. Thank God I take after my mom and haven't been nauseous. I told my siblings (2sisters and 3brothers). But I didn't want to tell the patents or grandparents yet. We were going to Hawaii for our honeymoon and planned on getting a onsie with something about Hawaii on it to give to our parents to tell them. Well we did and when we got back and gave a onsie to each set of parents (parents are divorced so my 2 sets and his parents), none of them got why we were giving them a onsie haha. My parents thougt it was for my niece and his parents thought I was wishful thinking lol. I mean it was very quick so they weren't expecting it. But apparently it wasn't as obvious as I thought. We told everyone else a couple weeks later on fb with a pic of our dog with a sign that said "Mommy & Daddy are giving me a human January 2015."
  • Options
    How far along were you?
    We found out for sure atexactly six weeks then we waited to tell people. Until I was nearly 7
    I told my mom. I expected her to be very angry and disappointed but she was the happiest. My fiances family wasn't to happy. So far only his mom and brother and my mom and dad and a few friends know. We want to wait until my first trimesters over to make the announcement to other people. I am 9 weeks today!

We thought his mom would have the good reaction and my mom would have the bad one. Turns out we don't know our parents that well lol
  • Options
    How far along were you?
    I was 5w1d when I peed on the stick. I waited to test with DH when I could visit. We are currently living in different states while he is training. Part of me wanted to do it before and take a little gift or surprise to him, but the military life causes us to miss out on some special moments together, so the fact that I could wait and we could get the news together seemed more special. 

We told MIL, SIL, and BIL right away. We called them because DH isn't going to get to see them for months. MIL was very emotional. This is her first grand baby, although she does great with treating her step children's kids like family. We were nervous to tell SIL. She is about 5 years old than us and has been TTC for about a year. The first thing she said was "You guys suck!" Then that she was buying an outfit for her friends new baby and she would have bought it for ours instead if she knew. She came around, thank goodness. BIL was excited and "can't believe it". 

Also told two of my closest friends via test message, the next morning. They are excited for us. I told my mom when I got home from my trip and her response was "seriously?"  

Plan on telling my dad on Father's Day this Sunday. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"