May 2014 Moms
Options

Warning: sad news story

I saw this on Facebook. I have never heard of placental cancer. So sad for this family. I'm glad the babies are doing well.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/mom-dies-rare-placenta-cancer-months-delivering-twins/story?id=23608579

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Warning: sad news story

• Options
    "Jenna sacrificed herself to save her two children. She defeated the cancer before it ever hurt the two most beloved people to her in the world. She fulfilled her role as a mother in a way almost no one else could have."

^This

My heart breaks for the family...
    In memory of the angel babies that were too perfect for Earth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I read this the other day. I had never heard of placental cancer either. Heartbreaking. 
    I have a friend from college whose wife found out at her 8 week appt. that she had a rare type of leukemia through her bloodwork. She spent the majority of her pregnancy in the hospital and the baby was delivered at 32 weeks so she could begin treatment. She's doing ok now, but I can't even imagine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    awc1986awc1986 member
    This is so terribly sad and heartbreaking. However, please don't think me callous but I'm so relieved that this wasn't bad news from an M14 mama. We've had some horrible news from cherished members over the last few months and I'm so glad this isn't another sad announcement. That doesn't make the placental cancer story any nicer though.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    heartbreaking.
  • Options
    BKD1386BKD1386 member
    I had been following her story through the FB page that was set up for her... so sad  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

May 14 November Siggy Challenge: Least Favorite Part of the Holiday Season

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"