May 2014 Moms
Options

Being discharged.. Gifts???

Hey all.. I'm being discharged today from the hospital. The staff has been great from drs to nurses to cleaning crew to the people who bring my meals! Do we leave any sort of gift? Like tipping at a hotel? Thanks for your help!

Re: Being discharged.. Gifts???

• Options
    Sweets or any goodies would be a nice gift.
  • Options
    Think one spot for your RNs. My favorite gifts have been EOS balls, hand sanitizers, good pens, granola bars, etc.

Sweets are nice, but we don't want to be fat or in a sugar coma for 12 hours.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh ya! And one patient brought in K cups-- greatly appreciated!

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    jcf2133jcf2133 member
    I saw on Pinterest a woman who bought a bunch of peanut m&ms and made a little note with them. We've been calling this baby peanut from the start, so that's what we are doing. Peanut m&ms with a note saying thanks for helping us welcome our little peanut.
  • Options
    With DD1 I sent flowers to the nurses station.

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I sent the nurses an editable arrangement last time and will probably do that again along with a thank you note.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    haylo33haylo33 member
    Patients give us food, notes, cards, candy. We like it all but it's great to have snacks around
  • Options
    I've got 3 boxes of girl scout cookies with thank you notes in my hospital bag.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    dlproctordlproctor member
    edited May 2014
    im planning on ordering mini sandiwches from moes or dangelos for L&D and maternity nurses once we get to the hospital to get a better head count.
  • Options
    momo214momo214 member
    Do patients normally bring little snack baskets in after discharge or do they bring anything in at admission as like a "hey I come bearing gifts, please be nice to me while I birth this baby :)"?
  • Options
    spacepotatoesspacepotatoes member
    edited May 2014
    Do patients normally bring little snack baskets in after discharge or do they bring anything in at admission as like a "hey I come bearing gifts, please be nice to me while I birth this baby :)"?
    Honestly, I'd find that kind of insulting if I was a nurse. They're professionals, they have a job to do, and they're going to do it. Sure, some are better than others, but they are not hotel bellpersons or chamber maids or something. You don't need to "tip" them to improve service.

My mom is a nurse and is not allowed to accept personal gifts. Cards, flowers, and snacks to be shared among the nurses on the unit are always appreciated but that's all they can take. She works in a nursing home, not in a hospital, but it is an issue of professional ethics either way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was thinking of getting an edible arrangement and writing a thank you note as well, for all the nurses to share. Or maybe putting little goodie bags together with some Hershey kisses in it or something.
  • Options
    I am a nurse and we can not accept personal gifts or we would be fired immediately. Group gifts of food, flowers, cards are always welcome. Think healthy snacks because way too often we are given donuts and other such junk food. I always love when someone brings a fruit tray or cheese and cracker tray. They are quick and easy to eat and you don't feel too quilty for doing so lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"