May 2014 Moms
Options

Super active baby in belly mean super active kid?

My entire pregnancy my baby has been VERY active. I had an ultrasound take over an hour once cause he wouldn't sit still. When I was being monitored the other day in the hospital the nurse teasing called him a little "wild child". Wonder if this means he is going to always be moving a really active after he is born. Anyone know if this is true or not?

Re: Super active baby in belly mean super active kid?

• Options
    Once mobile, I don't know many babies/toddlers who aren't really active.  ;)
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    DH is wondering this too because our babe is super active. The OB once couldn't measure his HB because he was moving so much.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jenb_99jenb_99 member
    Not necessarily. DS was super active in utero and sometimes I felt like he never slept. He was also most active in the middle of the night. But after he was born, he was super laid-back and an awesome sleeper, sometimes staying in bed from 10 pm till noon the next day.

He's active now as a toddler, but he's still laid-back and a good sleeper, and he's not rambunctious.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    DS2 was super lazy on the inside and is now two weeks old and super lazy/sleepy on the outside. Take that for what anecdotal evidence it's worth! ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    I have no idea if there is a correlation. DS was pretty active and as a baby/toddler I'd say he's definitely normal in how active he is. He has a lot of energy but I don't really know toddlers that don't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    My DS is constantly moving and kicking. I've had doctors and random people tell me that it means he'll be active and a hell raiser once he's out. But my Mom said I was the same way in utero, and once I was out, I was pretty laid back. I also loved my sleep from 2 weeks on. So, I'm hoping my little man will be like me!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For DD it's true.  Sometimes I wonder if she slept in utero and now she never holds still.  This baby is much more laid back, I'm hoping it correlates so I don't end up with two crazy kids!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tjkdlhbtjkdlhb member
    I swear DD had her personality before she was born.  She was very calm and still is pretty easy going.

This one is much more active... So we'll see what happens!

• Options
    My nephew was crazy before he was born, we went to their 3D ultrasound and it seriously looked like he was running in place. He was the most laid-back baby when he was born. He is active now as a toddler, but is still pretty laid back. DD1 was the opposite, never moved much when I was pregnant (leading to multiple NSTs) and she has always been a bit crazy since she was born.

• Options
    In my case it's a good indicator, #1 was active and busy, #2 very active and very busy, this was is much more calm, so I'm hoping it's a calm baby/toddler too :)
    image image image
  • Options
    This makes me feel better hearing about all the other super active babies. Some days it's just non stop.... Although I wouldn't trade all those kicks, jabs, and rolls for anything :)
  • Options
    DS was very mild mannered in the womb and he remained that way on his way out and while a toddler. Seriously the contractions during labor never caused any changes in his heart rate and even as a baby/toddler, he is a sweety.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    cnbeancnbean member
    DS#1 was a crazy wild inside baby, and is still the same 2 years later. DS#2 was pretty chill inside, and now that he is here is still pretty chill. I don't know that its always true, but for me it has been. 
    image    image

• Options
    My LO has been super active this whole time. I hope I get an active little boy! I'm so excited to meet him. I've heard active baby means healthy baby but not sure if it always means active when they arrive,
  • Options
    DD1 was super active in pregnancy and even during labor/delivery. She never stopped wiggling once she came out. DD2 was much calmer as an inside baby, and, so far, as an outside baby.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My DS1 was lazy in utero. He was an easy baby but always active. Now as a 4 1/2 year old, he is one of the most active kids I know. I'd tend to say there is no correlation. At least I hope- because this DS is suuuuper active in the womb, even my H comments on how often he feels him, and how often he moves compared to our first.
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"