May 2014 Moms

Who wins for the most dilated?

momo214momo214 member
edited May 2014 in May 2014 Moms
Curious what the highest cm dilation is at a standard weekly appointment (not being admitting into L&D, just a normal weekly appt). Maybe you have had BH or contractions before, maybe not. Wondering who got the biggest before actually going in to deliver.

Who wins for the most dilated? 205 votes

2cm
23% 48 votes
3cm
13% 27 votes
4cm
9% 19 votes
5cm
1% 3 votes
6cm
1% 3 votes
7cm
0% 0 votes
8cm
0% 1 vote
SS
50% 104 votes

Re: Who wins for the most dilated?

• My midwives don't check for dilation/effacement unless there is a specific reason.  At my last checkup I was told that baby is head-down, very low and fully engaged though! :)

Once baby is here, ALL THE CHAMPAGNE will be mine.
  • At my last appt I was only 1.5! :-(
  • Loading the player...
  • Not me, but I had a good friend who was 4cm at her 39 week appt and they didn't admit her. Her water broke the next day, though. I thought it was CRAZY that she was that far dilated and not in labor yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• 2brents2brents member
    STM and Monday I was already 2cm at 36 weeks and 3 days. I was pretty excited.
  • My doctors won't check until my due date or later.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My midwives don't check for dilation/effacement unless there is a specific reason.  At my last checkup I was told that baby is head-down, very low and fully engaged though! :)
    Same :( but baby isn't low or engaged - just head down. I have an under-achiever here.
  • @sthomas1222‌ I think would win this if I am remembering correctly :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • pandadairpandadair member
    edited May 2014
    At my 39 week appointment, I was told my dilation was "not zero". Which earned me a 1cm.

• Just left my drs office and I am still 1cm which makes me 1cm for 3 weeks now. :( they keep telling me he's not going anywhere for a while. 38 weeks.
  • My Dr. checked at my 36 week appointment and nothing. She said she won't check again until I'm 39 weeks. Hope my little guy stays safe and healthy in those extra few weeks!
  • 38 weeks and 3cm. Doesn't matter though b/c I'm scheduled for a C-Section Monday.
  • MrsT2008MrsT2008 member
    edited May 2014
    38+4, 2cm - same as last week.  Baby is head down and fully engaged.

Doesn't mean much of course - I was barely dilated at my last appt before DD (3 days before delivery) and was only 2cm when admitted and she was born 6 hours later.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• I was 3 cm last Thursday at 38 weeks. I have another check/sweep tomorrow, so we'll see if the contractions I've been having every night have done anything.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • dp1320dp1320 member
    1cm and 60% at 38 weeks...39 week appointment is tomorrow so we'll see what they say. She "predicted" I'll go during week 39...I would love if she was right!! But yes, I know, baby will come when he comes.
  • I was 2 cm dilated and 100% effaced at appt. last week at 35 wks, 6 days. Anxious to see if I've made any additional progress at this afternoon's appt.!
  • 1cm and soft. Tomorrow is my due date. :-/
  • Alisam5Alisam5 member
    I am 3cm dilated as of yesterday at my appointment. My dr stripped my membranes and said she is really low ad my cervix is really soft. I had a lot of contractions last night but they stopped. 38 weeks and anxious!
  • I was 3-4 cm with DD1 at 39w5d and went into labor that night, had her the next day. I was also 3-4 cm at 36w6d with DD2 and had her after my water broke 3 days later.

• sthomas1222sthomas1222 member
    edited May 2014
    Had a false labor alarm (and I mean 2-3 minute apart for hours yesterday. Now officially at 4cm and 70% effaced, -2 station, no more bulging bag, now direct head to cervix... FML

ETA: 37w tomorrow

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just left my drs office and I am still 1cm which makes me 1cm for 3 weeks now. :( they keep telling me he's not going anywhere for a while. 38 weeks.
    I was at 1 cm for three weeks as well, but went from 50%-80% effaced.  
  • Not me. Yesterday at 39+3 I was 2cm, 50% effaced and -1 station. They are going to have to forcibly remove this child I think. Midwife stripped the membranes but it didn't do much for me.
  • Ftm . 1 cm :(

It's a BOY

• Stm but never went into labor with my first. 1cm and 80%. I have been that way for 3 weeks. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • SMM1986SMM1986 member
    I was 4cm at my (almost) 39 week check. I wasn't admitted, but I was induced the next day.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • EziliaEzilia member
    edited May 2014
    41 weeks (with FIV calculation) and only 1cm, 50% ... help me!
  • 38 weeks nothing and closed up tight. I don't think little miss is coming out anytime soon. DS was a little over two weeks early and everyone thought this one would be too. Guess they were wrong.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How about the lamest progression....  1/2 cm dilated with 4th baby...my body refuses to do ANYTHING early...anticipating going to 41 weeks...same as first 3 babes.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • @sparklingdiamond‌ they never mention how effaced I am. I always see that everyone is effaced, engaged and etc. the only tell me if I'm dilated or not.
  • @sparklingdiamond‌ they never mention how effaced I am. I always see that everyone is effaced, engaged and etc. the only tell me if I'm dilated or not.
    Mine didn't tell me the first time, but then told me the other two times.  I would ask!
  • 2cm and 50% as of Monday. 38 weeks today.
  • I was 4cm last week at 35.4, and 5cm today at 36.4. Baby's head is right there and she said I'm "pretty thin". She debated sending me in today but being a FTM and not really having consistent contractions she didn't. But told me not to wait until 5 mins apart and to go in at 10 mins apart. So now I'm on the edge of my seat analyzing every little pain.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Jerzeygrl329‌ wow! So you are ready to go! That's exciting. Sounds like it could be any time now. Good luck!
  • @deanna1313‌ Thanks!! I was hoping he would cook a little longer, but I think he might have other plans.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • tjkdlhbtjkdlhb member
    Apparently my cervix missed the memo... absolutely nothing.  Not even enough to do a sweep.

• Well poo I can't even play with my lousy 1cm.
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• Magheeta said:

How about who loses? That would be me. 38wks and nothing. Big fat zeros all around.

Got ya beat. 39 weeks tomorrow and locked up tight.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My Hooligans.....Samuel Brice-Fritzgerald (6/30/10) and Payton Elizabeth (7/23/08)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"