June 2014 Moms

5/06 Twin Mom Check-In

katekat8721katekat8721 member
edited May 2014 in June 2014 Moms
Hi girls! We haven't checked in with each other in awhile and I'm hoping we're all still doing good, our babies are snuggled in tight and no one is misbehaving :)

Our massive twin mom list:

@curlylocks3 - Team Purple - Currently having 'dem babehs!
@CAMag - Team Blue - Due June 15th but babies will be here by June 1st
@katekat8721 - Team Pink - Due June 26th but babies will be here by June 12th
@jaybee11 - Team Pink - congrats on your babies!
@xnbride - Team Pink - Still praying for baby Evangeline!
@sarah_beth2005 - Team Purple
@StacyH0507 - Team Blue - Due June 5th but babies will be here in May
@AJC&Maggie - Team Green - Babies will be here by June 5th
@MrsP419 - Team Pink - Due June 25th but babies will be here by June 3rd - 11th
@SandraPB1220 - Team Pink - Due June 19th but babies will be here by June 5th
@LegalLadyBug - Team Pink
@Quinncat - Team Purple- Due July 6th but babies will be here by June 24th (RCS)
@anatations - Team Purple - Due June 5th but babies will be here by May 22nd
@CJNKR2014 - Team Blue - Due June 21st
@Chrissy1013 - Team Blue - Due June 18th but babies will be here by June 4th

Let me know if I'm missing anyone else and if you guys like the check-in. If so maybe we can do it once a week to keep in touch?

Pregnant moms:
1) How far along are you and how far along are you measuring?
2) Upcoming appts?
3) Any updates to share?
4) Go ahead and let it out - how are you REALLY feeling?
5) Any questions for other twin moms?

New moms:
How is everything going? Any updates on you or babies?

QOTD: What are you doing to relax and take care of yourself these days? Yoga, swimming, warm baths, massage, etc?

Re: 5/06 Twin Mom Check-In

• @CAMag - ahh I know every time a twin mom has a baby I'm excited for them and internally freaking out for myself haha. Totally wish I could just remove my ribs for the next month or so. And pelvis. Who needs that anyways!

• Loading the player...
  • @katekat8721‌ I'm team blue, due June 21st :) my doc hasnt scheduled a csection or anything, hasnt even discussed delivery options at all. He hasnt done any cervical checks either... i'm starting to think my doc is really slacking with me...

1) How far along are you and how far along are you measuring?
    I'm 33 weeks, and my doc hasn't measured me... like I said I think my doc is seriously slacking
    2) Upcoming appts?
    Regular appt on the 15th.
    3) Any updates to share?
    The boys are still breech and transverse, so I'm starting to get a little nervous... i would REALLY like to deliver vaginally... :/
    4) Go ahead and let it out - how are you REALLY feeling?
    Omfg. Terrible. Headaches all the time. My back is KILLING ME. I have this terrible rash on my belly, I've been using a hydrocortisone(sp?) cream and I'll wake up in the middle of the night itching. So many BH... cant BREATHE... idk I'm feeling worse in the last three weeks than I have at any other time in the pregnancy. The boys need to keep cooking, but I really am ready to be done now.
    5) Any questions for other twin moms?
    Anyone else tired of babies having hiccups? Lol

@CAMag‌ i agree. The ribs need to go.
  • CJnKR2014 - That's funny because around 30 weeks was when I hit my wall too. I went from feeling ok (just a bit tired) to progressively getting worse as the weeks go by. What's up with that?! We'll have to all keep each other motivated. I just tell myself it's only temporary, and longer is better!

• CAMag said:

@CJnKR2014‌ --
    Your doc doesn't haul out the measuring tape when listening to your boys' heartbeats? Mine does, but doesn't say anything unless I ask.

Regarding delivery options, you might want to start pressing him a bit. My doc wrote an entire manual for his practice including his stats on c-sections, inductions, epidurals, etc. he has a section on twins and basically says he will do a vag delivery if baby A is vertex and it's a sort of game time decision. Maybe that's why your doc isn't saying much? Even still, you'll want to make sure that if Baby A is head down, but Baby B isn't, you know if he'll do a breech delivery for #2. My doc will, but a lot won't.

I also have a rash problem... On the back of my legs and right on in the lady bits! Be glad for a belly rash... Could be worse!

@katekat8721‌ -- I was cocky like that, too! My NP and I were discussing pushing the OB to let me go to 39 weeks. What a laugh! It's amazing what a difference a couple of weeks makes!

@CAMag‌
    My doc doesn't check their heartbeats because I get an ultrasound with the ultrasound tech every appointment. I'm definitely going to have to press my.doc and start getting things going because seeing everyone know "hey my babies might be early but the won't be any later than xdate" and me not knowing SHIT is causing me quite a bit of anxiety.

@katekat8721‌
    Yes i def feel those little zingers! They suck!! I haven't had an issue with my knees, but i just put pressure on my hands on the arms of whatever chair I'm sitting in. I will say I'm having a hard time with finding a seated position where I can actually breathe and dont start feeling woozy :/ but yeah I'm trying to hang in there!!
  • @chrissy1013 I added you to the list :)

• @chrissy1013 I added you to the list :)
    Thanks!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Just a note cheering you on from a past twin mom! Only one this June ... But man, do I remember that crunched-ribs feeling!
    D (34), J (37) and T3 (ages 2, 2 and brand new)
    Nov '10: IVF#1: BFP! Girl. Missed m/c at 14 weeks. Devastated
    Apr '11: IVF#2: BFP! Twin Girls born on Dec 3, 2011 at 31w5d! One month in NICU.
    Oct '13: IVF#3: BFP! Girl born Jun 19, 2014 at 38w3d!
  • Thanks @katekat8721‌! I am team purple. Due date June 5, but they will intervene at 38 weeks if needed (may 22)

1) How far along are you and how far along are you measuring? 35w6d, measured 42 weeks last week
    2) Upcoming appts? Thursday
    3) Any updates to share? Up tonight with more intense contractions (been having Braxton hicks for weeks). This might be it but I do not want to go up there and be turned away so I am just timing them for a few hrs to make sure- about 8 an hr). Baby a is head down, baby b is breach. They seem to think vaginal is still possible.
    4) Go ahead and let it out - how are you REALLY feeling? The last week has got so much worse. I am on modified bedrest and it is getting harder and harder to stand up. My hands really hurt and more pelvic pain an YES on the rib pain!
    5) Any questions for other twin moms? All I can think of now is god bless you for going through this! We are definitely some strong women for going through it ( although I feel like a whino a lot!)

• MrsP419MrsP419 member
    Pregnant moms:
    1) How far along are you and how far along are you measuring? 33 weeks.  I am not sure how far I am measuring since I have not seen the OB in two weeks.  The last time I was measured I actually smaller.
    2) Upcoming appts?  NST and Obgyn on Friday, another NST and ultrasound with MFM on Monday.
    3) Any updates to share? My girls are looking healthy and are measuring about 4 lbs each (probably more now).  My C-section is scheduled for 4 weeks from tomorrow and I am counting down.
    4) Go ahead and let it out - how are you REALLY feeling?  I feel like hell.  I am so tired, uncomfortable, and in pain.  Literally the only way I am remotely comfortable is if I am laying on my side, and any time I stand or walk, my belly gets rock hard and I have pelvic pressure.  This really sucks.  Thank God not all pregnancies are like this or our species would be way smaller.  
    5) Any questions for other twin moms? Is anyone crazy like me and electing a C-section for their head-down twins?  I keep reading all these people wanting to avoid surgery at all costs, and I am just trying to avoid emergency surgery or a double whammy.  I am pretty confident in my plan (as is my OB) but when I read all these people trying to go for a vaginal if at all possible, I wonder if I am nuts.

QOTD: What are you doing to relax and take care of yourself these days? Yoga, swimming, warm baths, massage, etc?  I take warm/hot showers every day, sometimes twice (my water bill is going to be awesome).  I lay on my side and watch Netflix and sleep a lot.  And DH is good at giving back/hip rubs (he was a licensed massage therapist- holla!)
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Thanks @ugabamafans‌, after almost three hours, I finally got a solid three hrs sleep with no contractions and just a few this morning. I'm a little disappointed Bc I want this party started!!

• @nutmegs8‌ I will work on piCs today- my phone is notoriously bad at posting them though so I might not be able to get any up until I am home late tomorrow .
    @camag I will work on my birthstory! It's long, and more than a little intense though. You will do great when it's time for those boys to be born!
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • katekat8721katekat8721 member
    edited May 2014
    @curlylocks3 YAY!! I'm so happy for you :)

@MrsP419 I don't think you're crazy for skipping to attempt a vaginal birth and go straight to c-section. So many things can change in a twin delivery even when everything looks perfect initially. The thought of a double whammy, or laboring for 10+ hours, pushing for 2+ hours and then needing a c-section scare the crap out of me! My baby A was head down and B was breech and the doctor was cool with a vaginal, but I wasn't so much. We talked about it and then did an ultrasound right afterwards. We saw baby A moved transverse and B is still breech, so it'll probably end up being a moot point! You just have to do what's best for you and your babies.

p.s. I'm really jealous your hubby knows massage therapy!! lol

• MrsP419MrsP419 member
    CJnKR2014- Yes, baby hiccups drive me crazy!  I feel bad disliking them because I know feeling them learn to breathe is a blessing, but it is so rhythmic. It weirds me out.  And they each get them several times a day, sometimes one after the other.  

@curlylocks3 - SO SO excited for you!!! Can't wait to read your birth story and see photos.  Have fun loving on those babies!!

Anyone else feel like they are still super un--prepared?  I still have a diaper bag and my hospital bag to pack (in my defense, I wear my comfy cloths all the time still and don't want to pack them!).  I am washing blankets and 0-3 month clothes now, though I am pretty sure we will be in newborn for a while.  And I want to hang pictures in the nursery and finish that up (pretty much just so I can post it on the nursery board, not because I intend to use it right away).

Oh and I am super excited because I found my newborn photographer (I am SUPER picky since I am a photographer and have a specific look in mind) and she is willing to travel up from DC (about 2-3 hrs) and not charge me additional for travel.  And my grandma is sending me money toward the session ;-).  So excited!
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012

• There's still so much to do. I have the hospital bag mostly packed, the diaper bag just has random shit thrown in haha, the nursery isn't done yet, the car seats aren't installed and the house is still a mess.

I know the babies won't care about any of this stuff, but mama cares. I don't want to bring them home to a chaotic house because that will stress me out. I need cleaning and organizing fairies to just come over in the middle of the night and take care of this stuff!

• MrsP419MrsP419 member
    CAMag said:
    @MrsP419‌ -- I feel the same way about the nursery. Hard to pressure the SO about getting the shelves and pictures hung just bc I want to post it on the nursery thread. That might not go over well with him! I also got dressed, put on mascara and jewelry yesterday just for HDBD. :D. Was back in my pjs about 3 mins later. @katekat8721‌ -- I'm thinking of getting someone in to do a deep clean. I want the house to be spotless before the babies come and/or family starts showing up. They can maintain and make food, but I want this place spotless, so that I don't feel stressed.
    I love the things we do to impress TB :-)

If you can, I highly recommend hiring someone to clean before you come home from the hospital.  When we had DS, I hired someone to come right before we came home so everything was nice and clean.  This time, I have been having someone come deep clean my bathrooms and kitchen every two weeks.  It is a godsend.
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012

• @MrsP419‌ yeah, trust me, I am completely unprepared at this point. No diaper/hospital bag packed, crib isnt set up...
    Only thing really important that I have done so far is today I washed dried and folded all the baby stuff. But I have no dresser space to put it in until tomorrow so its sitting on the couch, glider, and in a box lol
  • Well hello there girls!!!!!
    I feel like crap; worst pregnancy ever! But I say it with a smile on my face!!
    I am to the point where I am embarrassed to go to work or be seen in public for fear of public shaming over the size of my cankles! I could do without the trigger fingers and carpel tunnel also! Waaaaaa Waaaaaa.....
    Best thing ever: we bought a recliner. After work I plop my butt in it and don't move for the rest of the night.
    Just gave up my second job but still cranking out the hours at my other job. Can't wait to meet my little nuggets and find out what I am having!!!!
    Induction date is June 5
    Me:35,  DH: 39   
    TTC since March 2011. All bloodword, SA & HSG are normal.  
    8/12: Clomid & TI - BFN 
    10/12: Colmid & TI - BFN 
    3/13:  Clomid, Trigger & IUI - BFN 
    4/13: Gonal F, Trigger & IUI: BFN  
    6/13: IVF #1 (1AA blast & 1BB blast) = BFN 
    8/13: FET #1= BFN
    10/13: FET #2= BFP!!!

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • SandraPB1220SandraPB1220 member
    edited May 2014
    I like the check in. I also do one "every week" aka every 10-15 days on the multiples board, if you want to check in over there, too!

1) How far along are you and how far along are you measuring? 34 weeks today, measuring 45.

2) Upcoming appts? NST tomorrow morning, OB next Thursday

3) Any updates to share? Well the biggest one is that I saw the OB yesterday and she told me the ACOG changed their recommendations like, last week for mo-di twins to not carry past 37 weeks instead of 38, so I'll be induced in 3 weeks instead of 4!!!!!

4) Go ahead and let it out - how are you REALLY feeling? Actually better. My back pain has gotten better and I'm not working, so I have a lot of relaxation and downtime, also getting things done which is helping relieve anxiety : )

5) Any questions for other twin moms? Is there anything about having twins you felt people didn't warn you about/prepare you for?

Edited because I'm getting things done, not thugs....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't but I'll put one in there just for you @CAMag‌ :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SandraPB1220 I feel like people are over-preparing me for life with twins haha. Some of the stuff is just scary!

• So wait. Are twins in general recommended not to go past 38 weeks?
  • Oh ok. Hmm. So my boys will be here in less than 30 days of my doc follows that practice.
    Oh crap.
    I totally feel like this is what just happened to me.
  • MrsP419MrsP419 member
    CAMag said:
    @CJnKR2014‌ -- my doc says that the best practice is to not let twin moms go past 38 weeks bc there is a greater chance that there will be a depletion of the placenta, which can have serious repercussions. I think he said that there is a greater chance of low levels of amniotic fluid at that time, too. He also said it's not usually a concern bc most women will go into labor before 38 weeks.
    Maybe this belongs in the UO thread…but I am so SO grateful for this practice.  I have never been one to support getting babies out before they come on their own, but there is NO way I could do this for 7 more weeks.  
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012

• After my OB told me about the new guidelines I looked it up online. Apparently with di-di twins, it's 38 weeks and mo-di is between 34 and 37. Which means I only have 3 weeks left!! :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our practice only lets you go to 38 weeks as well for the same reasons @CAMag said. They caution that most women don't make it that far though :/ This makes me panic a little inside. As uncomfortable as I am, I don't feel ready!

Also, I think there's something about hitting the "30s" that makes it feel like you've hit a brick wall! I was doing so, so well with everything (even with a craptastic first tri) but once I hit 30-31 weeks it's like... UGH. Everything hurts. I'm so aware of being pregnant lol.

• Yeah I definitely have hit that wall and consider myself extremely lucky that DH didn't want me to get a job when I moved out here. You mommas who are still working are superstars! I couldn't do it.
    Everything hurts and it's impossible to get comfortable. Breathing sucks ass. And headaches. I'm sure there's more but I can't think straight to write them lol
  • I can't imagine continuing to work full time outside the home at this point. That's just miserable.

At the MoMs hospital tour though there was a girl who was 34 weeks and continuing to work as a nurse. I thought she was a rock star. The nurse leading the class though did not! She told her that twin moms need to be off work completely by 34 weeks and take care of themselves. I was surprised by this! Has any of your doctors said anything like that?

Mine was cool with me going off at 30 weeks but said she would have preferred 26-28 weeks. That's when she normally takes twin moms off.

• My doc didn't even ask if I work. So like I have previously stated, I'm starting to question my doc lol
  • @CAMag those weights are freaking awesome! But no wonder you're feeling pooped! You're carrying nearly 11 lbs of baby alone in there, not counting all their other stuff lol! You're really doing great and we're sooo close to the end!

• CAMag said:
    Wait... they are 6lb11oz and 5lb15oz! Giants!
    Dude holy crap! You're doing amazingly awesome then!!

• Many hugs @quinncat‌ as I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
    @camag those are incredible weights! Go you!
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • @quinncat I'm glad you'll be off work. You made it almost 32 weeks, that's really incredible especially considering you're a nurse and on your feet a lot! Now you can stay home and take it easy. Maybe take a look on Pinterest for some easy crafts you can do with DS at home?

• quinncat said:

Thanks @curlylocks3‌. How are your babies doing?

They are both doing well! They are in isolettes still, but they got moved to the same room in the NICU so we have our own little corner there. Mumble had her IV stopped yesterday and they stopped Hugsy's today. Both are pretty jaundiced and are dancing on the edge of needing phototherapy but it hasn't started yet- will see how labs are tomorrow. Mumble is a having trouble feeding, she can't get enough down and needs about half of it through the NG; Hugsy doesn't have an NG yet but likely will.
    Otherwise, they are little snuggle bunnies.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • CJnKR2014CJnKR2014 member
    edited May 2014
    @curlylocks3‌ i'm so happy to hear they are doing well! :) hopefully thinks keep going smoothly.
    @CAMag‌ HOLY CRAP THATS A LOT OF BABY. :D My last ultrasound (8 days ago, at 32w+5d) pinned my boys at 3lbs13oz and 4lbs. And I thought they were huge!
    @quinncat‌ hey, at least you won't have.to deal with the extra stress of work. Look at it as a positive thing. Everything will work out :)

On a random note, I think I am going to try a ticker, i just have to figure it out lol
  • @quinncat‌ Its true- only another MoM will know our pains lol but hey at least we have an awesome group of twinnie mommas in J14.
    (Psh i love jennifer lawrence so i dont even care how much that gif has been used LOL)

I'm enjoying having a twin mom check in. I feel we "get" each other a little more. I go tp the multiples board, but it doesn't feel quite as.... homey lol

Just sayin though, DH better get home with food soon. I'm hungry, and he didn't tell me til after the fact that he was gonna be helping his friend move... >:/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"