Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Stuffy snotty nose

My baby girl is almost 4 weeks old, and she is stuffed up and has greenish yellow snot. Is there anything I can do beside let it run it's course?

Re: Stuffy snotty nose

• Options
    Ditto saline drops/spray, thenNose Frida (I got mine at target)! I've had to do it almost daily since about 4 weeks, as well. 
  • Options
    edited May 2014

Ditto saline drops/spray, thenNose Frida (I got mine at target)! I've had to do it almost daily since about 4 weeks, as well. 

This! Nose Frida is where it's at!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    Another vote for saline drops and a nasal aspirator (snot sucker).

We use Little Noses (Little Remedies line) of saline drops.  H puts 1-2 drops in one nostril, then rubs the outside of the nostril to work the saline in. Then he uses the NoseFrida to suck the snot out.  Then he repeats on the other nostril.   Don't put the saline in both nostrils at once, it can make the baby feel like they can't breath and they'll freak out.   
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup, Nose Frida!

Mine HATES it but you can hear how much better she can breathe after! Just don't forget the filter!
  • Options
    I uses Bubzico baby nasal apsirator for a week now. I have tried every nasal aspirator, from the horrible hospital bulbs to Cozybaby, Graco and Nosefrida but I have to say that this Bubzi Co one is the best! I didn't have to buy batteries or filters and it comes in a very convenient case that I can take around. My baby actually giggles when I use this on her and it does not irritate her nose. Its easy to clean and takes all the boogers out. 
  • Options
    Hello West!

I used saline and nosefrida too but right now I'm using nasal aspirator from bubzico. Agree with Daph. For me it's easy to use and clean. Remember this, whatever products you use as long as it helps the baby then go for it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"