January 2015 Moms
Options

Who's rocking maternity clothes?

They are so comfortable I've already started wearing the jeans, capris, and shorts!

Re: Who's rocking maternity clothes?

• Options
    drpaynedrpayne member
    This is my third and it will still be a while before I get out the maternity stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Jeane_PJeane_P member
    This is my second and I'm really hoping I don't have to break out the maternity clothes until at least after first tri.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't need them till 20 weeks last time I'm hopping the same is true this time! Belly band is the best!
  • Options
    Woah. I'm nowhere near maternity clothes. And won't wear them if I don't have to. My regular clothes are comfy too.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    No, 100% of my clothes are fitting the same.  Not even bloated. I don't even own any, since it's my first pregnancy. I imagine it'll be some time still?
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    I managed to make it to around 21-23 weeks with my first pregnancy before needing maternity close. I am still about 5-10 lbs from where I had wanted to be so I might be jumping into maternity sooner this time around but definitely not until the second trimester some time.
  • Options
    I don't own any yet and hope to not have to for a while. My clothes are fitting a bit tighter, but that was due to the weight gain from infertility treatments, not because of this pregnancy.
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Options
    I'm not wearing maternity clothes because I don't own any. However, I love wearing my loose maxi skirts or leggings and tunics. The bloating is bananas, so jeans aren't really my friends right now. It's no different than my period days, though. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    ive been rockin maternity jeans since my last pregnancy..just had my dd last june and honestly never wanted to go back to regular jeans..the shirts however can wait
  • Options
    Not wearing any ... Hope to get away with not switching over for awhile

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Options
    letsgoxletsgox member
    Probably won't get those out until late summer. My regular clothes are comfortable, even when I carry a little extra weight. I don't even own maternity shorts and I had DD in the winter (12/12). I'm hoping I follow the same path this time around.

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    I don't care for maternity clothes. I just lived in sweat pants and t shirts towards the end of my last pregnancy. I didn't want to have to buy extra stuff that I was going to wear for a short amount of time. But can I make a recommendation? The medela nursing bras are super comfortable!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 8.6.2011 EDD 4.7.2012 DS1 born 3.30.2012

BFP #2 1.21.2014 EDD 10.1.2014 natural m/c 1.30.2014
    BFP #3 4.30.2014 EDD 1.10.2015 DS2 born 12.31.2014
    imageimageimage

• Options
    i didn't need maternity clothes until 28 weeks... i hoping that will last. however by 28 weeks I will need a whole new maternity fall clothing wardrobe
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    AJ - 9.29.11 <3 .        Joey due 01/03/2015 .
    diagnosed with velamentous cord insertion @ 19 weeks with baby #2
  • Options
    Yeah I didn't need them until 26 weeks? I think. I've heard you show earlier after the first one though, so we'll see. I'm definitely not close to wearing them now. I also don't have any summer maternity clothes, and probably won't need them. That's nice about having these kiddos almost exactly two years apart.

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Options

I don't care for maternity clothes. I just lived in sweat pants and t shirts towards the end of my last pregnancy. I didn't want to have to buy extra stuff that I was going to wear for a short amount of time. But can I make a recommendation? The medela nursing bras are super comfortable!

I wish I could get away with that. My job would fire me if I wore sweats to work lol.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the day when I don't fit into my leotard for work... because won't that be a pretty sight?
  • Options
    I have been so bloated and icky feeling. Literally unbuttoning my pants every time I drive. But I'm hoping to only need a belly band through the summer, I'm also looking at my stretchy dresses for the whole summer. I'm also pretty handy with a sewing machine and the H gave me permission to repurpose his old shirts with some elastic... That I am very excited about!
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• Options
    I'm still carrying about 10-15 pounds from the baby I had in November so that's why I am looking forward to wearing maternity. I can't fit into any of my regular clothes. :(
  • Options

They are so comfortable I've already started wearing the jeans, capris, and shorts!

Me too! I went shopping for pants today because none of my pansy fit me yet I'm so bloated. I'm wearing the jeans now!! I'll only wear them when I need to though.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Whoa. Definitely not yet. I started wearing maternity pants around 14-15 weeks with my ds pregnancy, thinking I should make it that far again, unless I carry all out front again and start showing really early. But I do love maternity pants! They are comfy!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    YaMrWhite said:
    I wish I could get away with that. My job would fire me if I wore sweats to work lol.
    At work, I wear scrubs which are very forgiving. Although the elastic waistband on a couple of my scrub pants are stretched out from my first pregnancy! Might have to buy somemore ;)

BFP #1 8.6.2011 EDD 4.7.2012 DS1 born 3.30.2012

BFP #2 1.21.2014 EDD 10.1.2014 natural m/c 1.30.2014
    BFP #3 4.30.2014 EDD 1.10.2015 DS2 born 12.31.2014
    imageimageimage

• Options
    My friend who is currently 25 weeks just got the CUTEST clothes, I might just borrow hers when I'm that far along haha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My friend who is currently 25 weeks just got the CUTEST clothes, I might just borrow hers when I'm that far along haha
    I might do this, too.  My best friend was pregnant last year and due in February so the seasons will match up with mine. She's offered to lend me some when I need and she had super cute clothes. Same size, so it would work!
  • Options
    I might do this, too.  My best friend was pregnant last year and due in February so the seasons will match up with mine. She's offered to lend me some when I need and she had super cute clothes. Same size, so it would work!
    How I wish I could borrow a friend's maternity clothes! I am the second of my bunch to be pregnant. The first gave birth in 2010 and didn't really wear any. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'm not digging mine out until atleast the second trimester if I can help it, but I am still carrying some stomach weight from DS so we will see
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Not ashamed to admit I am still wearing maternity panties from my first pregnancy (delivered Nov 2012). They are the most wonderful soft comfortable undies you will ever find. I will never go back.

I have never heard of maternity panties before. How are they different? I am picturing the granniest of granny panties.

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Options
    How I wish I could borrow a friend's maternity clothes! I am the second of my bunch to be pregnant. The first gave birth in 2010 and didn't really wear any. 
    I know, I'm lucky! Will save a ton of money. We've always shared non-maternity clothes, too, because we're the exact same size.  If I ever have an important function to attend, I raid her closet so I don't have to buy an expensive dress, hah.  And I just lucked out that she was also pregnant in the same seasons.   Still hoping not to need them for awhile, though.
  • Options
    I'm still really swollen from the ovarian hyper stimulation and have been for a couple weeks, so I look about 4 months pregnant despite being only about 5 weeks! Eek! While I haven't bought any maternity clothes, I did have to buy some looser tops and ordered a Bella Band to hopefully stay in my regular clothes for as long as possible. Right now, I've been living in leggings, yoga shorts, and empire waist sundresses. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
    5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
    1 year break thanks to deployment.
    1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
    2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

• Options
    With my first I was in maternity at 8wks! Since he's only 7mons I suspect I'll be in them again soon as I haven't lost all the weight from that preg! I love some comfy maternity clothes!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm only 5w4d with my first so no maternity clothes here yet (and hopefully not for some time). Bloating hadn't set in yet either so my clothes are all still fitting the same.

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• Options
    I am hoping to hold off for a while. I wear dresses to work a lot though, and love leggings.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I am sure that since this is my 5th, I will need them faster then I have with the previous pregnancies but I am not buying nor wearing them until I HAVE too. I mean we are gonna be at our biggest in the winter, I live in Chicago so I can steal my hubby's sweatshirts and long sleeve shirts if I have too.

=))

Lilypie - (OFne)

• Options
    I had my first child when I was 18 so it's been awhile since I've even looked at maternity clothes and I'm 29 now Wondering what the belly band thing does and how it works? I'm soooo bloated everyday :/
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Does it also work for work slacks? Pants that aren't jeans? I can still button but it feels uncomfy like I'm forcing it. Lol I've been feeling bloated because I've been a bit constipated too. I didn't have any symptoms like this when I was pregnant with my daughter but of course I was young and smaller. I appreciate all help or advice :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna get one, I'm always afraid of not having my pants buttoned but then the pants falling down at work which would be totally embarrassing since I work in a credit union. The zipper is okay but I'm still insecure leaving the button and clip undone :( so you just fold it over right on the waistline? Sorry I have so many questions but I'm not going to be ready to tell anyone till I'm a bit further along and I know I'm not ready for maternity clothes just yet.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    MLC1990MLC1990 member
    I just bought my first maternity clothing item today. Cute Dress from target. However, it's only for pictures as I wanted to do my baby bump pics in the same outfit for the whole pregnancy. Pretty sure it'll be a while until I need them as I don't even feel that bloated yet.
  • Options
    Since finding out I was pregnant last week, I've lost 8 pounds but that's probably because I was extremely swollen from developing OHSS after egg retrieval. I had gained that weight almost overnight. I'm kinda hoping a few more pounds go off of me in the next couple of weeks though because prior to the OHSS, I had gained 5 pounds during the ivf. I do not expect to be in maternity clothes for a few months. 

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Options
    SebsMumSebsMum member
    I think I'm gonna get one, I'm always afraid of not having my pants buttoned but then the pants falling down at work which would be totally embarrassing since I work in a credit union. The zipper is okay but I'm still insecure leaving the button and clip undone :( so you just fold it over right on the waistline? Sorry I have so many questions but I'm not going to be ready to tell anyone till I'm a bit further along and I know I'm not ready for maternity clothes just yet.

Use a hair elastic to keep your trousers together then!  Loop the elastic through the button hole and through itself again.  Then use the loop you've created to loop over the button.  I did that under my belly band last time for extra security.
  • Options
    tkr7c9tkr7c9 member
    I have a small build and this is my first pregnancy... I can't button any of my jeans (even my fat jeans) but my sister-in-law gave me several belly bands that are coming in really handy. I have started to show already and had to go shopping last weekend to buy shirts that will give me a little room to grow (about 2 sizes larger than normal). 
  • Options
    Wow... maybe it's because I'm a Jan 1 due date but at 12 weeks I'm starting to bump out. This is my second and I had those cute little dreams that I'd make it to 20 some odd weeks before needing maternity clothes but those dreams are gone. I'm fit, in shape, former professional dancer (who is down 6 pounds because I throw up all day) with a little bump happening at 12 weeks. I can still wear my jeans if I like the look of a severe muffin top, but no thanks. Luckily I have some cute drawstring capri pants I can still swing and a lot of maxi skirts/dresses. I'm telling you though, in about 3 weeks I'm going to want to wear shorts and I'll bite the bullet and just buy a couple pairs of maternity shorts. I'll let those T shirts stretch out all summer and get some 'real' maternity clothes in the fall/winter. But yeah, panel shorts are happening soon.

To the ladies rocking maternity clothes, power to ya!

6-12-10 Married
    8-9-10 MC
    8-9-11 DS
    4-24-14 BFP, EDD Jan 1

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"