April 2014 Moms
Options

DAMN YOU MOTHER NATURE!!!

Well I've started my period.. I don't miss this at all!!! Can't wait for my birth control
Any one else??

Re: DAMN YOU MOTHER NATURE!!!

• Options
    Are you sure it's not just post partum bleeding?
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would say its probably still PP bleeding. You aren't even 6 weeks PP yet, right?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it is. My bleeding had stoped about a week ago and today I woke up and was bleeding and cramping with lower back aches, unless you can start bleeding again?But I don't remember when j started mine with my daughter
  • Options
    thomas930 said:

I would say its probably still PP bleeding. You aren't even 6 weeks PP yet, right?

I'm 4 weeks and a few days PP
  • Options
    thomas930thomas930 member
    edited May 2014
    I bled off and on for 8 weeks after my first. I remember going a weeks time with nothing and then I would start bleeding again. Edit: got my period 6 months PP after her
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
  • Options
    The nurse that discharged me said you can bleed for at least 6 weeks and it is totally normal for you to have no bleeding and then all of the sudden start bleeding again.
  • Options
    Oh.. well then, I'm a dumbass maybe it's just more pp crap.. but it's like a dark red and really heavy
  • Options
    Oh.. well then, I'm a dumbass maybe it's just more pp crap.. but it's like a dark red and really heavy

Did you do any strenuous activity today or yesterday? Like, anything out of the norm?
    First we had you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

• Options
    I started my period at 6 weeks pp with my first. My period was always like clock work so it was no surprise.... I really wanted to be one of those lucky people that don't get a period while breastfeeding, but no such luck.

I'm sure this time will be no different
  • Options

Did you do any strenuous activity today or yesterday? Like, anything out of the norm?

I mean I've been walking more but nothing out of the norm.
  • Options
    My pp bleeding last time did stop and then start again. I EBF and still got my period back around 4 months pp. I was hoping to have longer than that!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    mammasuzelovmammasuzelov member
    edited May 2014
    I'm not generally an alarmist but I was just, literally just reading about pp bleeding and the warning signs..

Can't link on my mobile so I'm copy and pasting.

Call your midwife or doctor if you develop the following symptoms, as you may have an infection:
    The lochia has an unpleasant smell.
    You come down with a fever and/or chills.
    The bleeding stays heavy, and is bright red, after the first week.
    Your tummy feels tender low down on one or both sides.

Sometimes, bleeding that's much heavier than normal lochia happens. This is called postpartum haemorrhage (PPH).

PPH may happen within 24 hours of giving birth (primary PPH), or between 24 hours and 12 weeks after the birth (secondary PPH). It may be caused by a piece of membrane or retained placenta, or when your uterus doesn't contract down properly after you've delivered the placenta.

Call an ambulance if:
    The bleeding suddenly becomes very heavy, and soaks more than one pad an hour.
    The bleeding becomes persistently fresher (bright red) and heavier four days or more after giving birth, even after you rest.
    You pass lots of large blood clots that are bigger than a 50p piece.
    You start to feel faint or dizzy.
    Your heartbeat starts to race, or becomes irregular.

Edit to say that I'm a ftm so please excuse me if I just sound like a nut job!
  • Options
    If you up your activity (compared to since birth not your normal) it can bring on a new bout of bright red bleeding.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's not crazy heavy, I can leave a pad on for a few hours before I have to change it. I guess I'll call my ob and see what he thinks
  • Options
    I stop bleeding and start again.
  • Options
    I stopped bleeding at 10 days pp, and at exactly 4 weeks had one day of bleeding, then nothing since.
  • Options
    This may be a stupid question to ask but how do you tell the difference? Or does it even matter at this point?
  • Options

This may be a stupid question to ask but how do you tell the difference? Or does it even matter at this point?

I'm going to wait a few days and see if my bleeding lightens or if it last the length of a normal period for me and then I stop bleeding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"