May 2014 Moms
Options

WTF was I thinking?

Apparently I want to have it all - all at the same time. We finally bought a house at the end of March with a close date at the end of April, which gave us two weeks to move before the EDD (the 18th). Well the seller decided that she needed an extra two weeks to move out and pushed close to the 15th. We REALLY didn't want to loose the house and agreed. I thought as a FTM, DD will likely come late anyhow, so we may be able to swing it. Except that I'm MOH in my sister's wedding the 17th, so the time leading up to the due date is basically useless as I will be helping my sister with any last minute wedding stuffs. MH also just started a new job a couple months ago and got a new boss just last week, so now he doesn't want to take off any unnecessary time before LO arrives and will be unavailable to move anything before the 18th as well. I kept thinking someway, somehow we will get our shit moved to the new house before DD makes an appearance. Last week we got a notice from our realtor that the seller now needs until the 18th to get everything out. All i could think was that those days were essentially useless anyway due to the reasons above and agreed to getting the keys on the 18th, our due date. Now I'm realizing that this means that we won't be moving until the following weekend (since DH can't take weekdays off and the is no way I'm doing it myself), and that there is a very good chance that she will be here. IF I'm not in the hospital, we will either be moving at 41 weeks or with a very new newborn. Is this impossible? Did I just completely screw us? Has anyone moved or had a significant change with this close of timing?

Re: WTF was I thinking?

• Options

Thanks @IBackBevo. That probably makes the most sense. I just don't know what to expect with such a new baby and am nervous that we will be overloading ourselves learning how to keep her alive while trying to move. I'm putting in our notice to the apartment this week and will overlap a couple weeks for some flexibility. At the very least, I've already given power of attorney to MH for closing in case she decides to come then.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah.... You crazy. Good luck with that :-/
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    If you can swing it get a mover to come out and then you can just supervise. There are a lot of local guys in my city that aren't that bad. $500 bucks if you can afford it is worth your sanity.
  • Options
    If I were you, I would pack up stuff now, that you don't need at the moment and can wait. And then I would have family/friends move you in when the time comes. So you can concentrate on LO. Moving is stressful enough you don't need the added pressure of remembering to feed/change LO. If you could I would even hire movers.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Sounds like movers are the way to go, and I hadn't thought about the fact that this means DH wouldn't have to be there, which makes everything just a little more flexible. I'm sure after finally saving up our downpayment, we can find a way to scrounge together a few hundred bucks for movers if it means we don't kill each other.
  • Options
    sisterjanetsisterjanet member
    edited April 2014
    Holy cow, you're in a wedding one day before your official due date?  Did I read that right? 

But yeah, I would say if you have a big network of people who like carrying boxes and furniture, call on them.  Otherwise, hire help.  (and congratulations on getting a house. :)
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    Wow, that's a lot. I'd probably take baby, crib, a rocker, and some other baby essentials into what will be the new nursery and hope moving everything else in is being figured out by someone else!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    As a FTM and holding my 6 day old. I couldn't even imagine moving right now. I agree with pp. Pack up as much as you can now. Then hire movers. Unless you have family or friends willing to do it. Label the boxes so you know what needs to be unpacked ASAP. And don't worry about the rest for a while.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I hired movers for our last move and it was the best thing ever. These guys do this all day all the time-- they move fast and they know what they're doing. All you have to do is point them in the right direction and watch it all happen around you. Pack now, label your boxes really well, unpacking can happen on an as needed basis. Congrats on all the life changes, and best wishes for a busy last couple of weeks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hire movers. They will be worth every penny.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    Just spoke with DH and he has agreed to hire movers! He has also agreed to begin packing under my supervision, so that I can continue to live on the couch :) I still can't belive how everything stacked up like that within the same week lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"