May 2014 Moms
Options

Snoring

I did a quick search and didn't see anything on this topic... This is more of a question for +STMs....If you started snoring while pregnant, did it go away after you had your baby?

I have never had a problem with snoring, but I'm assuming that since i have that relaxin hormone/whatever flowing through me to loosen my joints, it's also making me snore a lot and very loudly. I feel so bad for my husband because he tries to put up with it but then has to wake up me to get me to stop for a little while. I sleep on my side and even try to lean my head towards the bed a little more but it doesn't help at all. In contrast, his snores are soft and polite...and I sound like a motorcycle! wtf...

So, someone please tell me that it will go away after baby arrives.  I forgot to ask my doctor about it last time, but I will when I see her on Friday.
[-O<

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!

Re: Snoring

• Options
    Ftm here and hubby said I started snoring when I got preggers like a chain saw lol. Before it was once in a while if I had a cold, but they were cute snores lol. Once I got breathe right strips hubby said like night and day. I'm due May 1st , so hoping it stops after baby is born.
  • Options
    It usually goes away. It's just a result of the increased blood flow that causes nasal swelling.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's not relaxin, it's the swelling of the mucous membranes and the increased blood flow. Try Breathe Right strips. They keep nasal passages open wider and I wouldn't be able to breathe at night without them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband reported that I was snoring last night. He said that I sounded like I was really deeply asleep and since I am not sleeping well, he didn't want to try to stop me. I appreciated that he just slept through my snoring. But I'm hoping it does go away after the pregnancy discomfort sleep goes away.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    It should go away. I do this when pregnant but not any other time.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    Sometimes I'm about to drift off and hear myself starting to snore.  grumble.  Like everyone said though, it usually goes away once the baby is born.
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    It went away after I had DD before. Back again this time. Especially when I somehow manage to sleep on my back and not suffocate or wake up.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"